Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:12 AM
CZJedi
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Stainless Summit Reviews?

I'm thinking of getting a stainless Summit receiver for a build. I know there were issues in the past with the toggle breaking (has since been upgraded). I also know many complain that the accuracy is not what they hoped. I assume a target bull steel barrel would help that.

Does anyone have the new upgraded receiver? Any issues with it?

Anyone shoot a .22lr Summit with a steel match barrel? What type of accuracy are you getting?
Old 11-10-2021, 08:12 PM
Xindaris

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Bought a stainless summit action in 22 lr, put it in a Magpul stock with a Volquartsen carbon barrel. Wouldn’t feed and accuracy was horrible. Volquartsen asked me to send the gun to them. They upgraded the toggle system, found the stock screw was a little too long and replaced the barrel, all at no charge. Gun works and shoots fine now. Volquartsen did all this under warranty at no charge. Can’t ask for better service than that. Also I found that if you take a Ruger BX-1 magazine and relieve the tension by one click space it will feed more types of ammo flawlessly.
Old 11-10-2021, 11:38 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
I picked up a black Summit receiver earlier this year, added a Beyer lightweight barrel and put the rifle in a Magpul stock. It feeds, fires and hits where I aim, unless I get sloppy.

I just ordered a VQ trigger for it (on clearance). No complaints with the CPC-tuned Ruger trigger group in it now, but it is headed for another build.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement