Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

New Micro Elite Owner 1st range day issues

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  drstrangelove 
#1 ·
Hello all. Brand new M4-22 Micro Elite Owner. Took her down, cleaned, lubed and headed to the range with 100 rounds of cci mini mags. first half of the box went bang every time. 2nd half not so much. it started going click. Light primer strikes. Also the trigger started sticking and not resetting. Also the bolt started not going fully into battery. Checked the infamous youtube video Tippman has and the only thing they suggest about the light strikes is the buffer tube not fully threaded in. Mine seems to be fine. just a millimeter shy of flush with the lower. I did bring her home and did another cleaning and the action seems smoother, the trigger doesn't seem to be sticking. Hopefully just some new gun jitters.

All that being said, looking for suggestions on a few things

Ammo that has performed best in the m4-22 pistols
Where to lube, how much and what kind
Any suggestions on things to check to get rid of my 1st day issues.

thanks all in advance for your help.

#2 · (Edited)
I went through 3 NIB Tippman Elite pistols at the LGS and could not find one that didn’t have bolt bind in the upper. I ended up buying his floor model because that one was perfect. Got a 10% discount for the floor model and another 10% first responder discount. Very happy to be out the door for under 5 bills. Shoots great. My best advice is take some 600 grit sandpaper and polish all the engagement surfaces of the bolt where it rides through the upper. Also make sure you don’t have lead buildup in the chamber... common with bare lead ammo and suppressor use. If that doesn’t work, you may have to contact Tippman. The dealer I got it from was planning on returning all three samples I checked out. Another trick I learned dealing with the match chamber on a Sw 41 is to make sure no lead in chamber, and put a small drop of oil on the brass of first round showing in the mag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.