Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-05-2019, 12:47 AM
triton186

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Windage screw backing out

I just picked up a new sr22 this week and managed a range trip this morning. I wanted to get a little break in and sight adjustment before i let my niece have a go at it. I put several hundred rounds down range including 40gr minimags, cci tactical, winchester super x, and federal bulk 36gr. Out of 500+ rounds, it fed and ejected flawlessly which was very encouraging. Only 1 round failed to fire. I rotated it and it fired so i chalked that up to the cheap federal bulk ammo.

Now to my problem. It seems the windage adjustment screw on the rear sight is backing out while firing. The slot in the screw was at 4oclock position and after firing a mags worth of ammo, the slot was now at 3oclock pos. Each mag it would backout just a bit.

Obviously thats not normal. Anyone else have this issue? Should it go back to Ruger?
Old 12-05-2019, 01:02 AM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
blue thread locker used sparingly may give the screw enough resistance to stay in place without locking it solid.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:36 PM
Roadrat
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
92% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc. View Post
blue thread locker used sparingly may give the screw enough resistance to stay in place without locking it solid.
What he said............. good luck.