Bobcat 21A - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-28-2021, 01:50 PM
fatbaldfrank

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Brand new 21A Inox yesterday. Cleaned and oiled thoroughly; first range trip this morning. Ammo:

CCI Minimags - flawless
CCI Std Vel. 40g lead round nose - flawless
Fiocchi HV - Flawless
Stingers - 1 FTL in about 30 shots - I think that might have been a limp wrist though. WHAT FIREBALLS from that little barrel with Stingers! (Fun!)
Aguila Super Extra 40gr - 2 FTL in about 30 shots
Winchester Super X 40gr (flat nose HP) wonít load correctly, jam on every shot.

As others mentioned, even after the initial cleaning the safety was very stiff at first. But at the range I practice with the safety on my guns quite a lot, and by the end of it the safety loosened up nicely. Still a little hard to turn it on, but turning it off is just a nice crisp ďsnickĒ with the thumb. No problem.
Old 08-28-2021, 08:49 PM
carbineone

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The Crap Winchester ammo does not surprise me at whatsoever..All Winchester ammo is crap, and I am sticking by that statement till the end Even their Shotgun shells too..

Glad you had a fun outing..They are nice little Pistols.
Old 08-29-2021, 02:09 PM
laylow

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm in the club.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:40 PM
Brazos
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well I just joined the club. I wanted the plain Jane blued model. My dealer ordered and it came in stainless. I bought it anyway. I hate stainless guns. I have yet to shoot it but have handled it and had it apart. I have to say itís a nicely built little pistol. As small as it is it feels great in the hand. The metal machine work is perfectly done. The trigger though is pretty heavy. I was hoping for a lighter SA trigger. Hopefully with some shooting it will smooth out and lighten up some. The tip up barrel is simply brilliant and why I bought it over the Ruger LCP 22. Once I shoot it my opinion may change and will report back. I bought this pistol because it will fit in the front pocket of my overalls. That way when I walk around the place and come across a rattle snake I donít have to find the closest rock. My target practice will be bottle caps at 5 to 10 feet.
Old 08-31-2021, 08:01 AM
carbineone

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I would in no way trade my Bobcats for a Ruger
Old 09-03-2021, 06:33 PM
fatbaldfrank

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I had a Ruger LCP2 in .22 for a bit. Nice as a fun gun at the range - I donít think the sights were significantly better than the Bobcat and the grip was much worse (at least for me - too narrow and small). For a carry gun I just canít mentally get past an internal hammer that is always cocked. I just donít like it. Full DAO like a SW Bodyguard is fine (but the trigger is awful). DA/SA like the Bobcat is fine because I can leave the hammer down. But cocked and locked in my front pocket? Just canít do it. I know thatís on me, but thatís how I see it.

And that said, the Bobcat is way more satisfying to shoot than the LCP2. The trigger on the LCP is maybe a little lighter, but the whole pistol feels plasticky. The Bobcat is solid, reasonably smooth and comfortable to hold. The tip-up barrel is awesome for instant safe-mode and safe loading. I really like it, and I trust it to ride safely in my pocket.
Old 09-05-2021, 08:23 PM
rimfiresrule2
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Really handy, but not used much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1342.jpg (500.4 KB, 3 views)