Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Left-side charging receivers?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Frank3 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a left-side charging receiver. The only two I can find are from Tactical Innovations and Tactical Solutions. Does anyone know if I've missed any?

Thanks!

#5 ·
Just my experience with this product (I am a fan and own a lot of TK stuff) but the handle they put on there is way too small and it requires a lot more force to chard the handle than a true left side charging handle.

If they made a larger rounded charging handle on it then maybe it would have worked better for me but I ended up selling mine to my buddy who just wanted a scope rail for cheap.

It's a great idea just for me it didn't work well.

OP - if you have a handy machinest/gunsmith you can make your own on an existing receiver. I had one made and the hardest part was finding someone to do drill and tap the bolt for a handle (Que ended up doing and insert but he has retired since then). I love the left side charging handle and I am probably going to be buying and Elite 22LC soon (would have bought it instead of rolling my own if it would have been out back then).

The Magnum Research looks awesome but it looks like you have to buy the complete rifle and I have not been impressed with the MR barrels (only 2) that I have shot compared to Kidds barrels YMMV

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.