NOW this CV thing is serious... - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-15-2020, 11:50 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
NOW this CV thing is serious...

My best bud tested positive for CV today. We were hunting together Friday before last. Lady in his office got it, so he thinks maybe he contracted it from her.

He has mild symptoms. 50 and overweight, but no other risk factors. Docs didn't seem too concerned. They sent him home, told him to take OTC meds if need be and call if symptoms get worse. He goes back in 8 days for another test.

I asked him for the combination to his gun safe.

I'm gonna call him a few times a day to see how he's doing. He's out of State on a job with no family or friends around.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:15 AM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Wife's niece was hospitalized today at UAB in Birmingham Al. Hasn't been near my wife or her parents, but still worrying.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:17 AM
comfisherman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Send a message via AIM to comfisherman
He has my sympathy. Quarantine is no fun alone. Mine followed a procedure that had me leveled for 2x weeks recovering, wife brought it home from work (essential, masked, face shields go figure). Got it two days after being upright, 3 days of symptoms followed by 10 going plum stir crazy. Tylenol kept the fever and ache at bay, cough lasted a bit but I'm fatter than I should be and have pretty bad asthma.

Friends calling was a lifeline for sure, quarantine this time of year would really be a bummer.

Good call on checking up on him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2020, 12:31 AM
chuckbiscuits

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Keep checking up on him. My wifeís aunt tanked after seeming to recover. 36 hours later sheís pushing up daisies. This stuff ainít no joke.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:35 AM
chuckbiscuits

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
That came out wrong. Hopefully your buddy triumphs over this crap. I have read that constant contact with friends and loved ones can make the difference between pulling through and giving up. Thatís what I was aiming for, just came up short on delivery.

Best wishes for your pal. Wash your dang hands, wear your dang mask, vitamin C, all that good stuff.

Best,

cb
Old 11-16-2020, 01:02 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I told him to get his behind to the ER ASAP if it gets worse, and he assured me that he would.

I'll get on a plane (2.5 hr flight) to make sure he makes it there if need be.
Old 11-16-2020, 01:25 AM
comfisherman

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Send a message via AIM to comfisherman
Talked to the wife real quick. She is ground central frontline on a lot of this stuff.

There really is a trifecta that gets ya, extreme in two can do it.

Over 80
BMI in the 40s and up
And uncontrolled diabetes with renal disease.

Depending on the last two (usually go together and account for almost all the younger deaths up here) its worth pushing the point of care for some of the antivirals and inhaler meds.
Old 11-16-2020, 05:45 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Numbers keep going up here. I've been around so many people that have had it that I'm again beginning to wonder if I had it myself back in January and February since I'm not getting it now. I was sick and out of work for 2 months. Another month to get some normal strength level back. Of course that's before they were talking about it so much and doing the testing. I had an antibody test done in late May, but have been told that could have been too far past my sickness to be accurate. It showed negative.

Brent
Old 11-16-2020, 06:48 AM
bobnoffs

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
for those going down the checklist and thanking their lucky stars a friend's uncle died from it last month. he was 52 in perfect health. it is russian roulette for everyone, some have more empty chambers.
Old 11-16-2020, 07:14 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Three folks I know fairly well to very well have tested positive in the last week, I've not been around any of them thank goodness. Got a call from one of my Deacon families yesterday, kid brought it home from a different Church's School, now Mom and Dad have tested positive, wanting to know if we can help with prepared meals for a few days. Mom/Dad and four kids. I made a couple of calls and food will be delivered to their front door with a prior phone call to let them know its coming. Fortunately they've not been at our Church in the past two weeks.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:50 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee3 View Post
My best bud tested positive for CV today.
I asked him for the combination to his gun safe.
(
Good thinking.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:02 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Had my 2nd test Sat. Went to local clinic and they treated me like I was going to infect the place. Don't blame them really. No fever so they were not to concerned after that. 5 days for results.

In Sept I was in hospital for over a week. Not carona, worse, it was sepsis and things got pretty ugly!

Pretty sure this is just the pneumonia I get every other year. Have to be serious because now many different things can lead to more sepsis and I never want to go there again.

Hope your friend, and you, do just fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 11-16-2020, 09:07 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfisherman View Post
Talked to the wife real quick. She is ground central frontline on a lot of this stuff.

There really is a trifecta that gets ya, extreme in two can do it.

Over 80
BMI in the 40s and up
And uncontrolled diabetes with renal disease.

Depending on the last two (usually go together and account for almost all the younger deaths up here) its worth pushing the point of care for some of the antivirals and inhaler meds.
Forget the over 80 thing. Just heard Sat that Jim
Pace died from it A well known SCCA and IMSA race driver. 59 and in very good shape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 11-16-2020, 09:48 AM
JDWinCO

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
My daughter works in a recovery ward in a hospital, there are naysayers with various excuses to be nonbelievers. It is real, and even those who recover aren't always jolly healthy people.

Covid is real, it is debilitating and there are ways to possibly not being infected. Mask up, wash hands, daily showers, social distancing are your methods of protection at this time. Practice them.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:52 AM
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
In Sept I was in hospital for over a week. Not corona, worse, it was sepsis and things got pretty ugly!

Pretty sure this is just the pneumonia I get every other year. Have to be serious because now many different things can lead to more sepsis and I never want to go there again.
Glad you are OK Vincent. Stay vigilant and recover soon and completely!

R