Pics of my Marlin 60 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Deltagunner00

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pics of my Marlin 60

First I wanted to say hello and thanks for a nice and useful site/forum. I have been on here for a while, but, I think this is my first post. With this post you won't find any crazy great tips, just a guy wanting to show appreciation and a rifle that means a lot to me.

This is my Marlin 60 that was passed down to me from my late grandfather. I could not tell you how many varmints that he may have killed with this thing. He probably never even cleaned it while he had it

I receivied it in its original condition and still have the factory stock for it ( I plan to refinish it sometime soon just to have it ). I debated on making any changes to it but after a while and not shooting it as much as I would like I decided to upgrade it a little because I know he would want me to shoot it more. I typically shoot long range with my 308 and AR so I set this up in a fashion where I could shoot it a little further and push the limits of the 22 at longer distances as it is a great way to improve all around accuracy/precision.

Anyway, enough of that and here are a couple of pics of it.

Let me know if you have any quesitons or what you think of it. I would like to do a trigger upgrade from Mcarbo I believe it is.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:18 PM
Fladventurers
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Welcome!

Nice first post! Complete with photos....can't beat that with a stick....

And a good lookin' rifle to boot....thanks for posting!

Fladv.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:38 PM
"JJ"

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very nice weapon!

How far is "pushing a 22lr"?
Just curious how far you have reached out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2012, 08:20 AM
C2020

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Welcome to the forum! That's a sinister looking 60. Where did you get the stock?
Old 05-14-2012, 11:06 AM
RIMSHOOTER
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I like that 60 in the green ATI Draganov stock, nice work.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:46 AM
svriderpokey

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Deltagunner00, I have that stock too, and I love it. Sometimes the top part can have a tendency to warp a little, and open up at the front. If it does, just wrap a little velcro or paracord around it. How does it feel with that scope? I shoot mine with open sights, and I always thought that the comb was too low for a scope. I added some magnets to the buttstock on mine and I keep a flat screwdriver (that doesn't actually HAVE to look like a wolf) there. That way I can field strip it if need be.

It looks fantastic in green. You did a really fantastic job with it. Well done, and thanks for sharing.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Deltagunner00

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by "JJ" View Post
Very nice weapon!

How far is "pushing a 22lr"?
Just curious how far you have reached out.
I can hold slightly over a 2 inch group at 100 yards. 150 is the max I have been with it and opens up quite a bit. Its amazing what the wind will do to a 22lr at 100 plus yards. Thats why it is so fun. Its not near the same thing but its like shooting a 308 at 1000 yds.

Last edited by Deltagunner00; 05-14-2012 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 05-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Deltagunner00

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2020 View Post
Welcome to the forum! That's a sinister looking 60. Where did you get the stock?
Thank you! Its the ATI Dragunov stock and I purchased it from ebay. Around $35 I believe.

The green was done with a cheap rattle can. Thanks for the comments.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:22 PM
nolucklarry
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How is the cheek weld with a scope. It has a low comb/angle so wondered how it works with the scope?
Old 05-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Deltagunner00

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolucklarry View Post
How is the cheek weld with a scope. It has a low comb/angle so wondered how it works with the scope?
Its actually not too bad. Its not as comfortable as most stocks but I can set up ok on it. I have a big noggin so I could see how some cant get the proper angle with it.