Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-25-2020, 08:12 AM
linetramp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
NRA discount memberships now open!!

As a NRA (life) member I just received a letter from them that I can sign up others for discounted memberships. $30.00 a year and $600.00 for a life membership.
This is truly a once every so-often discount,

1yr, for $30.00,
2yr, for $50.00,
3yr, for $70.00,
5yr, for $100.00
Life, for $600.00
and of course pick one of four monthly magazines.
https://membership.nra.org/ActivateN...4D1&utm_link=2

If you were not signing up for the life membership I would suggest using the web link above. If you would like to become a life member you may have to call into the membership department direct. 800-392-8683.
Old 11-25-2020, 05:12 PM
jnyork
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Waiting for the thread to go political in 4.3.2.1..............
Old 11-25-2020, 05:24 PM
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
We've done some NRA membership give-aways here at RFC in the past. People sponsored first time memberships to RFCers. IIRC there were many generous people and a few grateful people!

I don't remember if it was a flop or not.

R
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2020, 09:25 AM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
We've done some NRA membership give-aways here at RFC in the past. People sponsored first time memberships to RFCers. IIRC there were many generous people and a few grateful people!

They used to be pretty successful thanks to the generosity of our members. We gave away dozens of FREE memberships every year.

The last one got whizzed on by a member I won't name who assumed then spread as fact his conclusion that the drives were funded by the site owner and were designed to distract members from Team RFC membership price increases. Never mind that the whole thing was personally arranged, organized and executed by me and that each and every membership came out of the pockets of fellow members and my biz partner who was able to get them at a good discount, meaning more members for the dollar. Because of the sour spin he put on it participation (members signing up to receive a gift membership) fell through the floor and we literally had more donations than we had people wanting a FREE membership. I recall we gave away one... yes, only one... membership that year.

Between his unfounded accusations and the very unkind and condescending PMs I got from from him on that subject and others the whole thing left such a bad taste in my mouth that I determined future giveaways would be directly from my hands into the hands of the recipient -- face-to-face with interested folks -- and I give away about a half-dozen each year. That in no way prevents someone else from organizing something similar here at RFC but there you go.

Thanks for sharing the news, linetramp. I hope folks take advantage of this opportunity. NRA may not be perfect but they are the ones carrying our concerns to the folks best in position to protect the rights guaranteed to us by the nation's constitution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linetramp View Post
As a NRA (life) member I just received a letter from them that I can sign up others for discounted memberships. $30.00 a year and $600.00 for a life membership.
This is truly a once every so-often discount,

1yr, for $30.00,
2yr, for $50.00,
3yr, for $70.00,
5yr, for $100.00
Life, for $600.00
and of course pick one of four monthly magazines.
https://membership.nra.org/ActivateN...4D1&utm_link=2

If you were not signing up for the life membership I would suggest using the web link above. If you would like to become a life member you may have to call into the membership department direct. 800-392-8683.

Last edited by Sophia; 11-26-2020 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-26-2020, 09:33 AM
linetramp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post

R
Wow!! Free Memberships were very generous!! I have been very impressed with this site. I think its hard to argue that the NRA is not a good organization for sports-folks... Show me what is perfect in the world besides a Resse's Cup that has zero calories..

I think this $600.00 life membership opportunity is something to know about. Ends December 31 I am pretty sure.

If this turns into a political debate or issue in any way I hope the moderators will take the thread down.
Old 11-26-2020, 09:40 AM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
If this turns into a political debate or issue in any way I hope the moderators will take the thread down.
... or perhaps just selectively prune it.
Old 11-26-2020, 09:41 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
The latest drive prompted me to take the last step to Benefactor, I became a Life member nearly 40 years ago and had been an annual member for probably 10 years before that, I feel like I've more than gotten my moneys worth over the years.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:04 AM
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:

I think this $600.00 life membership opportunity is something to know about. Ends December 31 I am pretty sure.
I grabbed a Life Membership deal 20 years ago. They called it a Millennial Life Membership in 2000. It was $400.00 at the time.

R
Old 11-26-2020, 10:58 AM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
The latest drive prompted me to take the last step to Benefactor, I became a Life member nearly 40 years ago and had been an annual member for probably 10 years before that, I feel like I've more than gotten my moneys worth over the years.
Good on ya. I became a Benefactor Life member a few years ago when they had the last deals. Get ready for the offers to join the "NRA Golden Eagles" or have your name put on the "Wall of Fame" at NRA headquarters. You probably already get the "NRA Wine Club" offers I like NRA and think they are a positive force to do a lot of good for firearm safety and civil rights, but I think they go too far with stuff like that. Don't forget Gun Owners of America (GOA). They are the pitbull that keeps the gun grabbers at bay. I am a GOA life member also.
Old 11-26-2020, 11:21 AM
blkwollf

TPC Rating: 
96% (54)
Quote:
Wow!! Free Memberships were very generous!! I have been very impressed with this site. I think its hard to argue that the NRA is not a good organization for sports-folks... Show me what is perfect in the world besides a Resse's Cup that has zero calories..

They DON'T,....cause it's All in how U precieve iT !!!
Old 11-26-2020, 01:00 PM
linetramp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkwollf View Post
They DON'T,....cause it's All in how U precieve iT !!!
That's the point, nothing is perfect... But hard to beat a Resse's Cup...
Old 11-26-2020, 01:03 PM
linetramp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_AK View Post
Good on ya. I became a Benefactor Life member a few years ago when they had the last deals. Get ready for the offers to join the "NRA Golden Eagles" or have your name put on the "Wall of Fame" at NRA headquarters. You probably already get the "NRA Wine Club" offers I like NRA and think they are a positive force to do a lot of good for firearm safety and civil rights, but I think they go too far with stuff like that. Don't forget Gun Owners of America (GOA). They are the pitbull that keeps the gun grabbers at bay. I am a GOA life member also.
Thanks, I have to check out the GOA. Actually there are a lot of of good groups out there, its nice to find a really good fit. Some folks at the state and local levels do a great job too..

Jay
Old 11-26-2020, 01:13 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Can I choose between 10/22 or Glock magazines?

That would be a huge benefit each month..
Old 11-26-2020, 02:24 PM
David Valdina
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Barefoot Bay, Florida and Cape Cod, Massachusetts
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Life memberships can make for great Christmas gifts.

I am a Benefactor Life Member and have been for many years. I have gifted to my son and two of my grandson's Life Memberships. A teen getting a life membership from grandpa is likely to become a life time supporter of freedoms. It is very worth considering. And due to local bad press about some of the executives in the NRA, many of the people I know are using it as an excuse to withhold support. That is a real shame as the NRA does make a political difference in our firearm rights. So I urge you all to step up to the plate and contribute.

David Lee Valdina #3596501
Old 11-26-2020, 07:40 PM
RogerKipwell

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Life member for 30+ years, regular member for a decade before that. Both of my kids are life members as well.