Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2020, 12:02 PM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

If you spoke to him the way you speak about him perhaps that had something to do with the way he reacted towards you.
Old 11-25-2020, 12:31 PM
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Hey rc

Sorry to hear all this..sounds like you're friend is a little exuberant..he wants you to have what he has..I can see that

..bits of Truth scattered throughout above , selfishness rules in the testimony

You have your eyes set too low my friend

Don't place your eyes upon man here on earth, but rather your Father in heaven.. in and through Christ Jesus.
True friendships, many are the acquaintances, are like marriages, we need mediation from above to keep them in harmony

We receive His Mercy and sweet Grace, so that we can give mercy and grace

Try that- I think you'll like it

pipestone
Old 11-25-2020, 12:36 PM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Our friendship lasted as long as it did because I am pretty easy going most of the time and didn't become personally offended any time there was a disagreement. Recently he was sighting in handguns off a rest. I suggested he not put the guns directly on the rest because they will bounce and his sight adjustments would not be the same off hand. He gruffly told me I was WRONG and refused to listen. He did things his way only to later find out that the two guns he sighted in shot nowhere close to his point of aim (way low) off hand. I agree how we treat people affects how they react in the same way how we are treated affect how we react. I can't fix a friendship with someone that does not respect me as a person.
Old 11-25-2020, 01:07 PM
karls42

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
and this hothead owns guns ??
Old 11-25-2020, 01:22 PM
sigshr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sounds like he was a cult member rather than a congregant.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:58 PM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
pipestone, I appreciate your perspective and respect your point of view. I just don't have a lot of faith looking up anymore based on many things that have happened in my life. It does not mean I don't respect those like you with strong convictions. Dairyboy and gmd1950, planting a seed is certainly a lot more productive than burning down the forest! Maybe my former friend thinks he has to cull the brown trees that are not green in his forest rather than water them and see what happens. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different outcome. As I have already stated, he has driven many people away including his children and another mutual friend. He told his daughter that lived with his ex wife, "you have to go to church if you come to see me". He chastised his sons that they "had to go to church as long as they lived under his roof". It's not the fact he wants people to be "saved" that is the problem. The problem is the fact that if people are not cultish in accepting his views without question, he freaks out in the extreme and tries to make people feel guilty they are horrible people. Trying to break people rather than gently mold them doesn't work. sigshr, there is definitely some instability there as he was on anxiety meds before and gets frustrated often. Being a control freak often comes from deep seated insecurity. It's very sad to see someone you care about self destruct because they can't accept others as flawed human beings who need to be nurtured and not scorned.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:43 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Central NY, The good part, not the rotten apple
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I won,t speak to the religion side. Thats a personal thing. But Iv,e seen too many controlling people that use it to tell others what to do. If you don,t listen to them your a bad person. Most of them had crappy personal lives they didn,t want anyone to know about. Preaching how bad others are is what they live for. This guy sounds like a jerk and I,d also have nothing to do with him. Why waste your time. Spend it with good people. jmho

Last edited by scooter22; 11-25-2020 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:45 PM
Mike_AK

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigshr View Post
Sounds like he was a cult member rather than a congregant.
Sounds like you are commenting on something you have no firsthand knowledge about. Enlighten us further with your assumptions, please. After you are done, let us please get back to the business of this forum, which is discussing rimfire firearms.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:55 PM

Central NY, The good part, not the rotten apple
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_AK View Post
Sounds like you are commenting on something you have no firsthand knowledge about. Enlighten us further with your assumptions, please. After you are done, let us please get back to the business of this forum, which is discussing rimfire firearms.
Well this thread has nothing to do with rimfire firearms and none of the replies don,t either. The guy sounds like a manipulator using religion to shame and control. How many leaders of a cult does that sound like? I,d just say a jerk at theis point. Well every one have safe and Happy Thanksgiving!(we can say that right?)

Old 11-25-2020, 08:00 PM
Mike_AK

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
Well this thread has nothing to do with rimfire firearms and none of the replies don,t either. The guy sounds like a manipulator using religion to shame and control. How many leaders of a cult does that sound like? I,d just say a jerk at theis point. Well every one have safe and Happy Thanksgiving!(we can say that right?)

"The guy sounds like..." You have spoken with him?
Old 11-25-2020, 08:03 PM
candr44

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
and this hothead owns guns ??

I was thinking the same thing. I had a friend who had a neighbor that was a hot head with a gun. The hot head ended up killing him by putting three bullets in his back.

Watch your back!
Old 11-25-2020, 08:21 PM
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Look at this...what you said

"I just don't have a lot of faith looking up anymore based on many things that have happened in my life"

So whats you going to do now, look down, thats the opposite, and waller back into the world and those that dwell there for your peace and understanding....

"I just don't have a lot of faith"..Well, thats lack of hearing Gods word... ears/eyes..gateways to your soul dude

"based on many things that have happened in my life"...Well, your not a lone ranger here friend...'There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man'

Get back in fellowship with the One that......

Can open doors no one can shut and shuts doors no one can open.

love & forgive..repeat 7x70

PM's open anytime

pipestone
Old 11-25-2020, 09:06 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
One of my Dad's best friends in the Church I grew up in was very pushy witnessing wise, never seemed to be the way to be to me, I'll witness to someone but I'm not going to brow beat them. Plant a seed, try to set an example, be genuine and admit your own flaws (we all have them).
When I lived in Southern Wake Co., I use to go witnessing with my rabbit hunting buddy [I had great beagles for 16 years] who was my pastor. We walked in, introduced ourselves and told them the church we were from. Visited and that was it. We talked about all things. If they hunted we talked about it. Sports and etc. Left. 9 out of 10 times, they would show up Sunday.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:26 PM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Again, pipestone your perspective is much appreciated. Mike_AK, Not trying to start a religious fight with this thread. Just sharing out a life problem on the community forum. I wish you all peace and serenity in your personal lives. Having strife with others who have been close to you is no fun.
Old 11-25-2020, 11:45 PM
tickridger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just my 2 cents concerning religion read THE BOOK. It will tell you what you must do to get peace and hope in your life and how to interact with your fellow man good or bad.

John
Closed Thread