Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-07-2018, 04:48 PM
Tsb3
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Question Glenfield model 65 "Golden 50" ??

I found one a local show. It was made in 1971. My question is this: when I looked at the barrel for the JM stamp, there wasn't one, but it had a "P" stamped there instead.
Anyone know what the "P" means/stands for??

As long as I've got your attention, how about a approximate value? I know that "value" is different for everyone.
Stock finish is worn a bit, not gouged or damaged, light scratches. Bluing also worn a little bit, not rusted.
I know the feed throat probably would need replacing.
Do these bring a higher price then a model 60?
Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:48 PM
vinco

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
You've happened upon a beauty there! The outer mag tube is brass, and it will polish up nicely - just get a little Brasso and a soft cloth.

I have 2 of these, so perhaps they might be worth a little more to me than a "standard" Model 60. It is, of course, all original Marlin - JM stamp or not. The JM stamps on mine are both on the left side of the barrel, right in front of the receiver. These were produced for OTASCO stores, theoretically in celebration of their 50th anniversary - even though they made them for a few years. Mine are both 1973 models. In my mind, these are just a little nicer than your average Glenfield because of the brass tube and gold trigger, but they still have birch stocks, so nothing particularly special there. I do notice that my Golden 50's have lighter, amber colored stocks than most of the other Glenfield 60's that I see, which usually tend to be more dark walnut-stained.

Nice find! I'll likely never sell either of mine, as the first one was the first used 22 I ever bought (started my whole massive addiction), plus I gave that one to my son for his birthday (I can't remember 14th or 15th.) I just bought the other one to have a match to keep for myself.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:44 PM
Grizz8

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just picked up a 1971 golden 50 with 000013 San number in great shape no rust and very little wear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2020, 11:25 PM
vinco

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz8 View Post
I just picked up a 1971 golden 50 with 000013 San number in great shape no rust and very little wear.
Great find! Welcome to RFC!