I saw a 2016 Remington catalog and no rimfires were in it! - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 10:13 PM
Sub sailor
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I saw a 2016 Remington catalog and no rimfires were in it!

I was looking at a 2016 Remington catalog today and not one rimfire was listed in it! Has Remington discontinued production on the 572, the 552, and the 597???? Does anyone have any idea why none of them were listed? It appeared that all other rifles, pistols and shotguns were included in it. It even had a section on Remington AIR RIFLES, but not a peep about any rimfires. What gives??????
Old 04-28-2016, 11:03 PM
FlysAlot

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
http://www.remington.com/rifles/rimfire/model-597 They list 3 here
Old 04-29-2016, 12:00 AM
A square 10
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
im pleased i own my existing 22s , im not expecting much from the future , ill pass these down - god willing , and my grandchildren will know of our great heritage that is passing away before our eyes ,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2016, 12:05 AM
rem33
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wow! 572 MSRP $723.

http://www.remington.com/rifles/rimf...dl-fieldmaster

I have noticed changes to Remington's web sight, no model history, and not much in the way of parts available.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:14 AM
wwace

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Hurrah Freedom Group
Old 04-29-2016, 08:12 AM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Talking Whew!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem33 View Post
Wow! 572 MSRP $723.

http://www.remington.com/rifles/rimf...dl-fieldmaster

I have noticed changes to Remington's web sight, no model history, and not much in the way of parts available.
that price is crazy! it isn't that NICE!! take 350.00 and go buy vintage versions. I have 2 vintage 572s and one 552 and I am a happy camper.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:45 AM
tickridger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question

Am I just paranoid or does it seem that the goal of the Freedom Group is to make us free of any quality Remingtons, at least at a price we can afford. This most especially seems to apply to rimfires.

John
Old 04-29-2016, 09:53 AM
ultramag44
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickridger View Post
Am I just paranoid or does it seem that the goal of the Freedom Group is to make us free of any quality Remingtons, at least at a price we can afford. This most especially seems to apply to rimfires.

John
Well, John, this is what happens when empty suits try to run a sporting goods company.

Here's a conversation I imagine between 2 Freedom (Fart-Dumb) Group executives.

Executive 1
"The retail customers want a return of US made, quality, Remington .22's @ an affordable prices. Ruger can't keep up w/ orders on their American line. They fly off the shelves. We have the blueprints for the 5-Teen line, the 541 and the 504. We could put the5-Teen or the 541 back into production quickly, or fix the 504 receiver and use it w/ good barrels."

Executive 2
"Stop production of all rimfires! That'll show those pesky customers who's running this show. Look how well it worked for Colt."

Executive 1
"SIGH, yes, boss."
Old 04-29-2016, 09:55 AM
BamaInArk
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickridger View Post

John
Remember there is no more Freedom Group. It was rebranded as Remington Outdoors.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:32 AM
pappa
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaInArk View Post
Remember there is no more Freedom Group. It was rebranded as Remington Outdoors.
Remember when Cadillac stuck their name on the Chevy Cavalier and called it the Cimmaron back in the 80s? Charged about 4X as much for it, too. US capitalist financial groups take big advantage of Americans emotional attachment to certain named products, like Cadillac, Remington, S&W, etc. Consumers are defrauded because they trust that name to represent quality FIRST -- not maximizing profits ONLY. Once they have reaped huge profits and defrauded millions of Americans - just before the product label becomes devalued- they sell and repeat elsewhere.
If it wasn't for Honda, Nissan, Toyota,etc -- great American carmakers- coming in, we'd still be driving terrible cars.
Same deal on firearms. I do not buy plastic or MIM parts. If they are warped to start, or have MIM hammers breaking in short order, can you reasonably want to pass them on to your heirs.
Nice solid well designed firearms choices being imported. Buy to YOUR Advantage, not to somebody's bottom line.
Really kind of like the difference in borrowing from your credit union, or from a loan shark.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:00 PM
GladesGuy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I could do without more bashing of american capitalism. The fault is not of any gun manufacturer or their management even if they occasionally do bone headed things. Try making a quality anything in this country with our burdensome regulations, litigious infrastructure of lawyers and anti everything government. Multiply that by ten when it involves manufacturing guns. The only thing that surprises me is that anyone would want to own or run a gun manufacturer in this country.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:33 PM
Bradical

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GladesGuy View Post
I could do without more bashing of american capitalism. The fault is not of any gun manufacturer or their management even if they occasionally do bone headed things. Try making a quality anything in this country with our burdensome regulations, litigious infrastructure of lawyers and anti everything government. Multiply that by ten when it involves manufacturing guns. The only thing that surprises me is that anyone would want to own or run a gun manufacturer in this country.
I second.

Now; Henry is making quality firearms in New Jersey ... New Jersey! Have you looked at the firearms regs. in New Jersey? Boggles the mind. Think of all the great firearms that were (a few still are) made in New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut. When you have a massive facility and new local laws make it more cost efficient to move lock, stock and barrel hundreds of miles away, there just might be a problem with the new local laws.

Of interest: http://www.forbes.com/sites/frankmin.../#203111ae7935
Closed Thread