Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-20-2019, 11:42 AM
dave19113

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Send a message via Yahoo to dave19113
KIDD Barrel

I finally pulled the trigger on a 10" blued, threaded barrel for my Charger.

I was really hesitate to order one just because I was a little worried about it have their claimed match chamber.

I like to shoot alot of bulk ammo - Federal 550 etc - out of it just for plinking. I was worried id have reliability issues when shooting bulk.

I also do shoot higher grade stuff but wanted to be able to use a wide variety of ammo that I have on hand.

Speaking with one of their reps they stated even though it did have a match chamber many had great results in reliability with bulk ammo.

does anyone who has KIDD barrels on their Chargers comment?
Old 08-20-2019, 11:50 AM
farm boy
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You won't regret your purchase. Mine will shoot anything that I have tried reliably. The accuracy of this barrel is great, mine will shoot under a 1/2" at 50 yards when benchrested with a 24X scope with no problems.
Old 08-20-2019, 12:17 PM
M2HB
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Donít worry about shooting the bulk ammo in the match chamber Kidd barrel.

I shoot it on a regular basis out of my tapered Kidd barrels with no issues.

I donít shoot Remington Thunderbolts and such, but Federal bulk has been fine.

I use three different grades of ammo.

Federal bulk for plinking.

CCI Standard Velocity of informal competition.

RWS, Eley, etc for more serious shooting.

All are shot out of the same barrels depending on what Iím doing. Iím not going to shoot expensive ammo for plinking.

High end ammo is selected by brand as to which shoots the best out of a particular barrel. I donít bother being picky when plinking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2019, 12:25 PM
dave19113

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thanks for the replies.

I dont mind shooting higher end stuff I just didnt want this to turn into a premium ammo only gun.

I have high hopes for the Charger with this new barrel.

hoping to get out to range tomorrow for some ammo testing!!!
Old 08-20-2019, 02:02 PM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mine is a stainless 6".

Shoots well with CCI SV.

It is very accurate with SK Pistol Match ammo.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:33 PM
Quick1
US Air Force Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I have the same barrel, it is a tack driver and I only shoot CCI SV through it. Great choice!
Old 08-20-2019, 10:40 PM
M2HB
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
If my first Kidd barrel had been overly ammo sensitive by not allowing me to shoot Federal bulk ammo, I would never have bought a second one. I do more plinking than competition shooting. I find punching holes in paper, boring after a while. I like reactive targets.

You can tell that the Kidd barrel has a tighter chamber than a stock 10/22, but with a good Kidd extractor it will cycle Federal bulk with no issues.

In fact, Iím getting ready to buy another one.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:50 AM
dave19113

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Range Report

Was able to get out yesterday to test the Kidd barrel on my charger.

I have to say that it is like night and day from the factory barrel.

I shot an assortment of bulk ammo plus some SK Pistol, Wolf Match CCI SSHP.

The Bulk seems to shoot without a problem, although some issues came up with CCI SV in particular.

Without suppressor I experienced some failure to extract; with can on function was excellent. Prob due to additional pressure due to suppressor, which I have seen is not uncommon.

As stated above, I plan I ordering a Kidd extractor. I also want to try he Kidd buffer pin

I was looking at Kidd charging handle assembly with different spring weights.

Is it feasible to have the reduced power spring installed to insure reliable cycling with standard and sub so nice but be OK for bulk like Fed 550 and Blazer?

I don't shoot hyper ammo almost ever so added spring weight isn't needed in my case

Old 09-03-2019, 11:45 PM
CarlsonCustoms

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I put a 6" one in my bosses' gun. It worked ok with CCI SV that I had but he had a ton of CCI subsonic and none of it chambered. It wouldn't seat (left about .070" out of the chamber)

It's on its way back to Kidd to see if they can ream it or if there's something wrong with the chamber.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:15 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave19113 View Post
I was looking at Kidd charging handle assembly with different spring weights.

Is it feasible to have the reduced power spring installed to insure reliable cycling with standard and sub so nice but be OK for bulk like Fed 550 and Blazer?

I don't shoot hyper ammo almost ever so added spring weight isn't needed in my case

[/B]
I use Kidd guide rods in all of my 10/22's and I've never used anything other than the middle (regular) spring. Never had a problem wether shooting SS or HV.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:10 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
I use Kidd guide rods in all of my 10/22's and I've never used anything other than the middle (regular) spring. Never had a problem wether shooting SS or HV.
Me too.
Old 09-05-2019, 04:37 PM
bucko
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
I just put a KIDD guide rod kit in a rifle. It has a Kidd bolt and a Kidd single stage trigger in a Brownell receiver. I have about 2000 rounds through it with a standard Ruger guide rod and spring and it functioned flawlessly. The only thing I did was to change the guide rod, spring and charging handle. I used the med spring. It wasn't resetting the trigger every time. was loading, firing and ejecting fine. I did all of the trigger perks to no avail. I had to go to the weaker spring to get to work. Has anyone had this happen? I have always used the regular spring with no problem. What's up? By the way I was shooting CCISV.