Bore Scope - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-07-2021, 09:17 PM
bucko
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bore Scope

What would be a good medium price range bore scope. Not wanting to break the bank but one that you can tell what your looking at. Any thoughts?
Old 05-08-2021, 04:49 AM
ronc80

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Teslong.com , good price great product and if you call customers service you get a human that actually wants to help you. They are worth a look.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2021, 01:23 PM
oldshot50
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
+1 on the Teslong. Do yourself a favor and purchase their portable viewer with the scope. I think they might even have a package deal available. Viewer is so easy to use. No need for any apps or adapters for your phone or computer to view the pictures. Money well spent once you learn how to interpret what you see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2021, 01:43 PM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have the flex usb model. Best fifty bucks I ever spent on gun tools. I see they have newer models now.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 05-08-2021, 04:47 PM
ammohog
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
I have the Teslong and the Lyman. The Lyman shows things the Teslong just can't see. Using the Teslong and scoping the 64 Anschutz, I thought I was finished removing all the lead from the barrel. Just grins, I scoped with the Lyman. I am now on my way to the workbench to apply another treatment of Blue Wonder. With the Teslong, the lead spots seem to blend in with the reflective barrel steel. With the Lyman, they appear more clearly (both have a monitor). I tried to take a photo (and post) with each scope for comparison and prove my point, but the 12 o'clock postion 10 3/8" inches from the end of the action, I couldn't find the same spot with the Teslong. So much for a comparison photo. If it doesn't see it, you can't post a picture of it. This particular spot (one of many) in question is half way on a land and into the groove.
Old 05-08-2021, 09:14 PM
ronc80

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammohog View Post
I have the Teslong and the Lyman. The Lyman shows things the Teslong just can't see. Using the Teslong and scoping the 64 Anschutz, I thought I was finished removing all the lead from the barrel. Just grins, I scoped with the Lyman. I am now on my way to the workbench to apply another treatment of Blue Wonder. With the Teslong, the lead spots seem to blend in with the reflective barrel steel. With the Lyman, they appear more clearly (both have a monitor). I tried to take a photo (and post) with each scope for comparison and prove my point, but the 12 o'clock postion 10 3/8" inches from the end of the action, I couldn't find the same spot with the Teslong. So much for a comparison photo. If it doesn't see it, you can't post a picture of it. This particular spot (one of many) in question is half way on a land and into the groove.
I'll bet the lyman is a lot better. It's almost $300 more. Now you got me wondering what I'm missing. Not so sure I'll be able to swing the price. I guess I'm still better of then no bore scope though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2021, 09:39 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I don't know what you consider reasonable pricing but I have had the Hawk Eye borescope for years and it is, without a doubt, probably the best firearm investment I have made to maintain and study bores. I have learned a ton about cleaning my gun bores and understanding accuracy issues better than ever before.

I wouldn't skimp on price if you are getting junk. Your firearms are worth the added investment.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-09-2021, 12:10 AM
CPC
RFC Sponsor
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
Middletown CT, Earth, 1st door on the right
TPC Rating: 
96% (22)
I have a Hawk Eye... Been returned twice for repairs... First because dropped on concrete floor,
second when a cheap battery leaked/ corroded...
I see Harbor Freight sells a exact Chinese clone at one half the price but who is going to repair a Chinese product?