Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-09-2021, 08:07 AM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by copterdrvr View Post
I like this stock enough to end up getting two of them. Did a bit of a mod and drilled, tapped and installed a short 4mm set screw on each side of the stock to REALLY tighten things up.

Shoots great. The SK Long Range Match should have been one ragged hole-my fault. Groups are 50 yards.
Nice and simple mod

That is one thing nice about an aluminum chassis, as you could easily reinforce it solidly.

My short nose standard PMACA chassis did not need one though because a certain section of my Tactical Innovations trigger housing's trigger guard snugs against the L-shape delrin part (where you attach the AR grip) of the chassis itself.

Makes for a very solid tension
Old 05-09-2021, 08:12 AM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copterdrvr View Post
Guess I should mention the rest of the build- -had to do some whittlin' on the stock as it was designed for an AR build and a forward piece of the main stock body was in the way. Ergo grip that I had to whittle on as well, Kidd two stage trigger, Kidd bolt and handle. Feddersen 18" fluted bull barrel.

Use the rifle for NRL22/PRS type matches, came in second place (2 points down} in my last match against a good group of much younger serious regional competitors. Being an old fart 68 year old, it felt good, especially shooting against a bunch of Bergara and Vudoo competitors.
That is one advantage of an accurate semi-auto: not much resetting to do; i.e., chambering a round manually for every shot that somehow messes up proper cheek weld and overall orientation
Old 05-09-2021, 09:28 AM
copterdrvr
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
And that's exactly how I look at it. We had 5-8 mph winds at around 260 deg with gusts above that. One stage was shooting off a 6X6 barricade at five 5 inch plates with two runs for ten shots at 100 yards. Just as I got into position the wind laid down a bit and I jumped on it and went 10 for 10 in 17 seconds-the bolt guys were impressed with that!