Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Brno ZKM 611

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  glennasher 
#1 · (Edited)
I acquired this 1993 ZKM 611 with one fat stroke of my "buy it now" finger. The "buy it now" impulse is susceptible, or should I say "triggered", by nice wood and a box. Man, what a beauty. The seller was a very decent fellow. He offered that this had come from Denny's estate. I believe it came to me unfired, more on that later. There were a few little quirks or hiccups along the way.

1> Initially, it wouldn't feed at all! It's a bad feel to be staring at a thousand dollar gun broker debacle. I disassembled it and stared at it for a long time. The firing pin was in backwards, it didn't retract. It seems like a pretty easy mistake to make, it's not too far from symmetrical. But it all looked brand spanking new on the inside, my guess is, it was assembled last minute or just a momentary lapse, never sorted out, because it was never fired.

1> FOLLOW UP QUESTION- is it normal for the bolt to be un-numbered on a 611? Can't swear, but recollect all my other cz and brno bolts are numbered.
2> FOLLOW UP QUESTION- Anyone have any spare firing pins an or retaining springs. the firing pin and retaining spring ain't gonna last for-ever, that's not my favorite part of the design.

2> The spare magazine i got from the cz website would jam. turned out to be the little hold open screw on the side, it's mis-aligned, not a biggie, works fine without the screw.

3> The CCI flat nose ammo doesn't feed well. The other 2 ammos that I tried worked fine.

4> It's working great now. My kids (23 and 25) LOVE IT. I haven't scoped it, it's such an amazing plinker. it points SO WELL. seriously comes up aimed at what I'm looking almost magically.

5> ROLL PUMPKINS. shooting small rolling pumpkins on a hill with your kids, it's hard to beet.

6> i'll probably scope it temporalily to test ammo, will my rings off my Model 3 work?

7> I think I will keep this handy in the house. Honestly, it would be a pretty versatile defense gun, and it would chew you up with wind and precision

8> Does anybody have a line on some fairly priced 10 round magazine?

9> It has a bit of a rattle, is that fixable or just the way it is? i am not really rattled by a little bit of a rattle, I grew up with a remington 472, I can roll with a rattle.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Ah, I've seen that Brno ZKM 611 before... a SHOT Show demo from Denny and Bohemian Arms. Quite the nice piece of lumber on that on sir. Congrats!!
Wow, good recollecting! the box is labeled- "2012 shot show demo."

Is there anything else to the story?

Anything that would speak to a backward firing pin and an un-numbered bolt?

Anybody have a picture of Denny at his booth that year?

I slightly suspect that it might be a spare parts gun. As long as it works, I don't mind. Whatever the backstory is... I think this gun is going to shot a lot in this family. Both my kids love to shoot, and that gun is real fun and pretty. But the backstory is fun.

#8 · (Edited)
Regards, Beagleye:
For your five round mag., the helper button is cross-slotted style? No need to re-invent the wheel so quoted from this short thread:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1178041&highlight=Brno+611

"I found the helper button on the magazine follower needed to be turned down on the 5 rounder. Removed the button, threads taped & chucked with appropriate deliberation in a drill and then gently addressed with a file, EZ-PZ. Now both magazines are functioning flawlessly."

(Edit) On my 1994 prod. rifle, the helper button actuates the last round bolt hold open---

#9 ·
Thanks for the helpful information.

Good thought on the flipped firing pin for the demo. And as you said, could have been bubba too. (bubba should be quarantined from this model)

Your right about the box, looking closer what I thought was 2012 was a piece of the serial number. There appear to have been a few serial numbers on the box, some whiteout and scribbles.

Any other backstory on where it's been for the last 25 years?

#10 ·
Thanks for the helpful information.

Good thought on the flipped firing pin for the demo. And as you said, could have been bubba too. (bubba should be quarantined from this model)

Your right about the box, looking closer what I thought was 2012 was a piece of the serial number. There appear to have been a few serial numbers on the box, some whiteout and scribbles.

Any other backstory on where it's been for the last 25 years?
That particular ZKM 611 was one of Denny's personal pieces he kept squirreled away. It has only changed hands recently, but seemingly a few times from what I've seen.

I know Denny would appreciate you giving it a good home, appreciating it, and putting it to good use with your family!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.