Nice map

pipestone
Old 10-22-2021, 10:47 PM
comfisherman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Send a message via AIM to comfisherman
Ah marine traffic.... my ais is not mandatory and transmit gets switched off at bouy 4.

Man I hated fishing off Cali, the traffic was awful although it was surreal to roll under the golden gate Bridge when used to nothingness of Western ak.

I wish they would miss a few containers full of all the garbage Wal mart sells, but alas the culture seems to gobble it up.

Dunnoif 16k a container from Asia is getting close to overland USA cost. But before the wu flu, we tried our hardest to never ship across the US. Truck shipping compared to the big boats is insanely expensive. Where is the ammo distribution. Would guess the port of entry whatever is closest to that.
Old 10-23-2021, 03:07 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Maybe I should have kept working as a casual (part time) longshoreman at the LA /Long Beach ports. I quit in 2009 after one too many times nearly being squished by a container or mobile equipment.

A machine operator who worked in my department at my regular job started as a casual shortly before I did. A couple of months ago he was finally accepted into the ILWU (longshoreman union). Quit his regular job immediately.

He has family connections in the union and got a six figure position along with about the best benefits of any blue collar job in the US. He made about $60K when he was reporting to me. It's a dream come true for him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2021, 09:14 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipestone View Post
Nice map

pipestone
Oh yeah. I just spent another 15min nosing around on it.
Old 10-23-2021, 01:02 PM
comfisherman

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee3 View Post
Maybe I should have kept working as a casual (part time) longshoreman at the LA /Long Beach ports. I quit in 2009 after one too many times nearly being squished by a container or mobile equipment.

A machine operator who worked in my department at my regular job started as a casual shortly before I did. A couple of months ago he was finally accepted into the ILWU (longshoreman union). Quit his regular job immediately.

He has family connections in the union and got a six figure position along with about the best benefits of any blue collar job in the US. He made about $60K when he was reporting to me. It's a dream come true for him.
Had a guy I fished with who had family ties with the union down there in long Beach. He was basically killing time until his number came up and he could slide into a massive paying cush job in what he described the most corrupt organization ever made legal.

Did 2x summers fishing, got the call on the third and dropped everything and left. Dropped him of at the airport, he said the next time I saw him he would be fat and would likely not work as hard as he'd fished the rest of his career.

Corruption is only bad if your on the wrong side of it.
Old 10-23-2021, 01:12 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerjack22 View Post
The late wife loved the Christmas in July movie marathons on Hallmark.
Mine did two. Have to bypass that channel or I get sad.
Old 10-23-2021, 01:42 PM
comfisherman

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
We got an email that some freight was being diverted due to weather. Here is some of the fun these guys get to deal with on the northern route. Takes some doing to divert these big boys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20211022-205506_Windy.jpg (135.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20211022-205242_Windy.jpg (99.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 10-23-2021, 02:09 PM
Andyd
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee3 View Post
I doubt that it's going to degrade much at all, even if it were to sit in a container for a year. It's more like Spam than milk.

I've been shooting my stash of Wolf MT I bought 10+ years ago that's been sitting in non-temperature controlled garages. Shoots like new.
While the ammo probably would not degrade, the import permit would be long expired.
Old 10-23-2021, 03:54 PM
RichJ

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Those container freight ships are just about the dirtiest things on the planet, might as well be burning coal. Read wher one of them during itís travels in a years time pollutes as much as all the cars do here in a year.

Rich
Old 10-23-2021, 04:26 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Ya know, this got me thinking. What if : all those containers arent full of tvs, and toys, but something more nefarious. And all of them parked over one of the biggest geological faults on the planet. Outside of one of the biggest cities in America and a coast line soaked with oil. And then a sst missile just happens to accidentally ignite the whole mess. What if?
I needmoretinfoilformyhat
Old 10-23-2021, 04:34 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfisherman View Post
Had a guy I fished with who had family ties with the union down there in long Beach. He was basically killing time until his number came up and he could slide into a massive paying cush job in what he described the most corrupt organization ever made legal.

Did 2x summers fishing, got the call on the third and dropped everything and left. Dropped him of at the airport, he said the next time I saw him he would be fat and would likely not work as hard as he'd fished the rest of his career.

Corruption is only bad if your on the wrong side of it.
You keep in touch with him? Justin case you need any 'special business' taken care of.
Old 10-23-2021, 05:05 PM
comfisherman

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichJ View Post
Those container freight ships are just about the dirtiest things on the planet, might as well be burning coal. Read wher one of them during itís travels in a years time pollutes as much as all the cars do here in a year.

Rich
That seems like a bit of a stretch considering the efficiency of boats versus over the road transport. The burn bunker fuel, but most of the evergreen and Maersk boats are pretty new. The run some wild 2 stroke monster engines, and move shockingly large amounts of teus. It would take hundreds of trains and thousands of trucks to duplicate. This seems like a bit of a stretch to believe.

And Al... no we've lost contact, he moved at such a speed that if his Co workers work at a similar speed Christmas 2022 might be canceled as well....
Old 10-23-2021, 05:32 PM
RichJ

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
https://www.lngtransfer.com/news/the...-in-the-world/
Old 10-23-2021, 06:48 PM
comfisherman

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichJ View Post
Verification from an lng funded website from an article in a paragon *cough *cough in British journalism.... solid numbers solid verifiable science. I'm sold. Someone pass the pitchforks.....

Darn things scare the poo out of me when the go through unimak at 30 knots with no regard for us mortals fishing. Pike poles all around....
Old 10-23-2021, 07:06 PM
dlong

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Zero ships off the beach in Fort Lauderdale
......Tom Petty