Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2021, 10:44 AM
eflyguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

No-Air BnB..
Old 10-17-2021, 10:46 AM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Old 10-17-2021, 10:55 AM
M92pv4u
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
Very kewl Zoomi!

I've often wondered about posting videos on You Tube. I never have, and probably won't, but suppose you caught a video of something that was useful to an agency like the FAA (plane just before crashing) or the anti-crime authorities (video of a crime taking place). If you publicly post that prior to handing it over, wouldn't you get in trouble for putting evidence out there? Are there good samaritan laws or whistle blower laws that would protect you?

I know if you had the goods on a government agency you would hear black helicopters and have black suburbans pull up in front of your home immediately and would probably never be seen again!

R
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210923_095655.jpg (284.4 KB, 8 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2021, 11:00 AM
Boilerjack22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I hope the build quality of the Chinese space station is better than the build quality of the Chinese sourced table lamp, my wife bought at Target…..
Old 10-17-2021, 11:22 AM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post

I know if you had the goods on a government agency you would hear black helicopters and have black suburbans pull up in front of your home immediately and would probably never be seen again!

R

Old 10-17-2021, 11:24 AM
Boilerjack22

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
That’s a big drone…..
Old 10-17-2021, 11:30 AM
WadeMod

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That's a throw back to the Black helicopters
Old 10-17-2021, 11:31 AM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerjack22 View Post
That’s a big drone…..

That was a few years back. You may see the cannon on the ramp but what you don't see are the German Army markings.

They circled around la hacienda for several minutes before setting down in the horse pasture about 400 yards below the house. A couple guys got, walked around looking over the outside of the lead helo, then climbed back aboard. They took off and departed just as I made up my mind to saddle up and go ask them what they were doing.

I'm guessing they had some kind of waning light come on.
Old 10-17-2021, 11:38 AM
dlong

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cincinnati chili. That’s it!
......Tom Petty
Old 10-17-2021, 11:39 AM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Good to see you post again, Tiger-Ock! Was wondering whot you'd been up to and how you are. Long time, no see, Pard. How's the pecan crop this year?
--

Had a post going last evening when the 'puter witch waved her wand and poof'd it, so I just went to bed.

Thanks for the kind remarks on my shooting yesterday morning, Al & TD. I was well pleased w/how that went.

Celebratory event at the club last evening went w/o a hitch. I received some unexpected special recognition during same, for several things, inclusive of being older than dirt and one of the oldest members whose managed to remain alive in spite of many things that could have/should have brought me up short, tho they used kinder language [so I was told] and for remaining active in the club for over 50 years. I also was given the honor of cutting the first slice of the commemorative cake after dinner. It was a large thing with the club's 75th logo on it. I cut a generous serving, put it on a plate, picked up two sets of utensils and handed it to one of our lady members who was there with her grand daughter and told them they could share it. She had been a formidable world class competitive skeet shooter and set some records that still stand during her long and illustrious skeeting career. She's been retired from the skeet game for a number of years now and devotes her time to the grand children. Was great seeing her again [I got a big hug] and I also got to see and visit with some folks I'd not seen in better than 20 years and one in over 30! Weather was perfect and it all went very smoothly. A lot of work went into it, both by members and staff. I was told 138 attended, tho there had been a few more reservations than that made.

Oh, and the very few of us that are still alive and have been members for over 50 years are receiving a very special commemorative buckle that is being made now. They showed a pic of the drawing of whot was commissioned and they will have the club's 75th commemorative logo and other things noted in a fancy acanthus motif, if that's the right werd. Truly a semi-unique item. It'll be a dif. kinda feather for my cap. Tickled to be getting one of them, I am.
--

It was still 47° @ 9 A. RH 93%, wind SE 3. Still going over to the other side of Ft. Worth to shoot skeet this afternoon, glad the start time got moved to mid afternoon, we enjoyed sleeping in this morning w/the cool weather. Jack is keeping an eye on the bride as she prepares a leisurely Sunday morning breakfast.

I'm going to have to buy more black oil sunflower seed and hen scratch this coming week. We're on the last of whot was on hand now.

Those are sure some good looking pups, Lon! We consider 47° to be right chilly 'round these parts. Sun is out. Its going to be a glorious day w/fall just around the corner.

I've no desire to be a space cadet, but am intrigued by the vastness and scale of the unknown in our universe. Liked yer sky vid., Szumi. Time lapses of cloud formations have always fascinated me, but I'm a cloud guy when they are pretty or ominous. Overcasts, I find near depressing. Mordor coming to mind.

Breakfast is served, gotta run. I has been summoned.
Old 10-17-2021, 11:52 AM
eflyguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
heli pics
One of the many boys that thinks he's my daughter's BF is now on Blackhawks. She would go down to Ft. Rucker often to spend time with him. Also one of my good friends from the RC days was, and deployed to the sand-pit for a while, now flies life-flight in NE.

We had an opportunity to take a ride if we'd gone down for "the boy"'s graduation, but that would have been too much encouragement for the perceived "relationship". He showed up at BCT graduation with no warning, she was issed with a capital P!

I've never been in a whirly-bird.
Old 10-17-2021, 11:58 AM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Absolutely terrific recognition there Wook.

Good Tolkien reference too.

Nothing like Mordor outside right now. Weather to rival the best day in the Shire.

Seventish something degrees, with the sun beating down in a vain attempt to warm the earth. No wizards or dragons, but there is a Gretchen on the prowl.

The best part is the humidity. Only Forty One percent.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 10-17-2021, 11:58 AM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Everything went okay during our visit to the Tacoma wilds.

Actually its a stone's throw from Olympia (11 miles). We had fun!

Today it's off to see what we can see at Kobota Gardens (Japanese, first time ever).

Life is good!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PA162361 one of the twin barns 76.jpg (601.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg PA162363 (2) twin barns No. 2 76.jpg (536.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg PA162367 barn detail 76.jpg (284.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg PA162510 more goosies dropping in 76.jpg (568.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg PA162251 (2) pretty nice colors 76.jpg (565.6 KB, 5 views)

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Old 10-17-2021, 12:05 PM
W8LON

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I was able to access much information for ma in the early internet days and fill in blanks of the family tree long before Ancestry got ahold of everything. Also added to the repository with her leg work. Mom and dad traveled extensively digging up roots. My kids were the eighth generation born in my county of origin. They never got any further than where the first settler originated from Cataraugus County NY do to records lost in fires and floods. He was born in 1792 and left wife and kids behind to hunt Wolves for bounty. With bounty money earned he bought an eighty acre plot of land and set to clearing and building a home. Family followed a year or two later in his footsteps. When I wandered the forests exploring I was likely passing footsteps of generations past, all so familiar.
Old 10-17-2021, 12:19 PM
Boilerjack22

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I rode in a helicopter once from Norfolk to a missile frigate in Chesapeake Bay, so I could fix a clean steam generator, for the Navy. I never want to do it again.
Closed Thread