Bergara BMR Steel available. - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-21-2021, 10:22 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

It will accept "most" Rem 700 triggers. I doubt it will fit a flat faced trigger, judging by the shape of the trigger guard and my experience with the B14R.

I hate standard style stocks, hunting grips....I want as close to a 90 degree grip angle as I can get, so I will wait a while until some aftermarket stock comes along to address that issue.

Interested to see accuracy results. I might forgive the grip angle for now if it shoots well. My B14R will consistently group Center-X at 0.35" @ 50 yards, so if the BMR can do under 0.50" with match ammo, I'll pick one up before the stock issue is resolved.
Old 10-22-2021, 05:54 AM
cznut

TPC Rating: 
100% (120)
I like the look of the BMR and that it uses Rem 700 style triggers, jury is still out on accuracy, nothing online yet that I can find, they will have their work cut out for them to edge out the T1X.
Old 10-22-2021, 08:15 AM
plinker4life
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
A few pic's I took yesterday. If you want to see something specific let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BMR1.jpg (222.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg BMRL2 (1).jpg (270.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg BMRL2 (2).jpg (447.0 KB, 31 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2021, 10:03 AM
GladesGuy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice looking rifle! I am eager to hear what you all think about the accuracy
Old 10-22-2021, 12:10 PM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
The circled lugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinker4life View Post
A few pic's I took yesterday. If you want to see something specific let me know.
I can't make up my mind if it locks up with a lug in addition with the bolt handle.
The front " LUG " appears angled or rounded at the back, where the locking surface would be. What is your opinion ?
Old 10-22-2021, 12:28 PM
GladesGuy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'd say the bolt handle definitely acts as a second lug from those pictures.
Old 10-22-2021, 12:54 PM
Funguns

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Did they change the lugs on the bolt from the B14R design?
Old 10-22-2021, 01:46 PM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Different action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funguns View Post
Did they change the lugs on the bolt from the B14R design?
Yes, it is a different design on bolt lock up. The circled areas on the pictures up above show the bmr lockup design. His pictures show the BMR in good detail .
Old 10-22-2021, 02:08 PM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
No plastic in that bolt !

Quote:
Unlike some other rifles, the cocking indicator is steel. No plastic was harmed in the manufacture of these rifle bolts. It is ASPCM approved.

ASPCM = American Society for Prevention of Crappy Materials

Last edited by gr8guns; 10-22-2021 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-22-2021, 03:02 PM
plinker4life

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guns View Post
Quote:
I can't make up my mind if it locks up with a lug in addition with the bolt handle.
The front " LUG " appears angled or rounded at the back, where the locking surface would be. What is your opinion ?

I will tell you this much, I tested the bolt several times with heavy grease on both lugs. The front small one is not contacting anything. I don’t know if by design that front small piece is really meant to be a lug? Looks like it should be but who knows?

Last edited by plinker4life; 10-22-2021 at 03:40 PM.
Old 10-22-2021, 05:04 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
How was the accuracy? I see your target in the first pic, and it looks very nice. Did you do groups? As long as it will do under 0.50" @ 50 yards, it's good enough for my purposes. I only shoot match ammo...Center-X or SK Match type stuff.
Old 10-22-2021, 05:36 PM
plinker4life

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterReady View Post
How was the accuracy? I see your target in the first pic, and it looks very nice. Did you do groups? As long as it will do under 0.50" @ 50 yards, it's good enough for my purposes. I only shoot match ammo...Center-X or SK Match type stuff.
I just shot this target about 30 min ago. I have have done no ammo testing with it. Sorry no groups...I prefer to shoot for score, but you can overlay those single targets and get a Idea of what it will group. I know for a fact that I pulled one of the 25's. otherwise that target is pretty straightforward.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HMR4.jpg (261.9 KB, 40 views)
Old 10-22-2021, 09:40 PM
Funguns

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Looks like things got better as in more consistent as you got mid way through the target. Was that ammo acclimating? Or wind laying?
Old 10-22-2021, 09:55 PM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Bergara says no lug contact

Quote:
I will tell you this much, I tested the bolt several times with heavy grease on both lugs. The front small one is not contacting anything. I don’t know if by design that front small piece is really meant to be a lug? Looks like it should be but who knows?
Bergara says lock up is bolt handle only. I can’t figure out why machine that receiver like that, and then no lug lockup. My rifle is the same, of course. It looks like a wasted machining operation to me.
Maybe some of the educated engineers here will know. It appears you are doing some good shooting !

Last edited by gr8guns; 10-22-2021 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-22-2021, 10:48 PM
plinker4life

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funguns View Post
Looks like things got better as in more consistent as you got mid way through the target. Was that ammo acclimating? Or wind laying?
Actually had the card on its side long way. Shot it zig zag from top to bottom. Conditions were pretty low but slight wind. Keep in mind shooting off wobbly wood bench. I will say this rifle initially seems to be pretty decent straight out of the box. I think build quality is on par with CZ rimfire offering’s. And it has a few perks over the CZ. For the guys running prs or nrl. The ambi mag release beside the trigger guard is awesome and the mag drops free every time and the mags seem well made. Plus the fact of Remington 700 trigger options.