A-Bolt .22WMR - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-01-2021, 04:56 PM
BobCole
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A-Bolt .22WMR

I bought a gently used A-Bolt with a Leupold scope 2-3 years ago for about $750 or so, no box.

I cruised around GB today, kicking tires on various rifles & took a gander at the current offerings for the A-Bolt.

Ho Lee Crap!

These things are selling for $1900+! Well, I should say "asking" instead as they're not sold yet. I know Brownings bring a bit more than Remingtons & a whole lot more than Rugers (and rightfully so). But I had no idea they were asking these level of prices for what was a commonly produced rifle. Granted, a nice rifle & not terribly many made (no clue how many). But still................... $1900+?

Are these sellers way off in their idea of their value or are they close? While I love Brownings, I'm not dialed-in on their collector values.

Please chime in.
Old 09-01-2021, 08:53 PM
10ring1
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
98% (66)
Yeah. Way off on their expectations. Without looking at completed auctions, I would venture to say 1000-1100 would be what u would expect depending on the wood characteristics and the model Leupold. If it has exceptional wood (and some do) it would of course be higher
Old 09-03-2021, 09:44 AM
DCF

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Browning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCole View Post
I bought a gently used A-Bolt with a Leupold scope 2-3 years ago for about $750 or so, no box.

I cruised around GB today, kicking tires on various rifles & took a gander at the current offerings for the A-Bolt.

Ho Lee Crap!

These things are selling for $1900+! Well, I should say "asking" instead as they're not sold yet. I know Brownings bring a bit more than Remingtons & a whole lot more than Rugers (and rightfully so). But I had no idea they were asking these level of prices for what was a commonly produced rifle. Granted, a nice rifle & not terribly many made (no clue how many). But still................... $1900+?

Are these sellers way off in their idea of their value or are they close? While I love Brownings, I'm not dialed-in on their collector values.

Please chime in.
They're nuts and are trying to take advantage of the currant shortage of firearm related things . It's only worth what some one will pay .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2021, 09:54 AM
BobCole

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCF View Post
They're nuts and are trying to take advantage of the currant shortage of firearm related things . It's only worth what some one will pay .

Always has been.

I do disagree with the "shortage" as they're no longer made. What's out there is what there is, no more, no less.

If *I* was going to pay $2k for a .22mag rifle it would be an Anschutz & not an A-Bolt, IMO.

I didn't look at any closed auctions though, to see what the closing price was.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:41 PM
carbine

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
When researching what a gun is worth I don't even bother looking at guns not sold on Gunbroker. I look at the sold auctions only. Even then, you have to take some prices with a grain of salt, like the odd selling price that is much higher than the rest. I try to average out the sold prices if the gun is common enough to be able to do that.

Most prices are stupid high right now, mostly driven by politics. The guns in my area that are priced accordingly have been sitting on the racks and not moving. Seems the gun sellers are content to not make a deal and sit on their hardware for years if need be, waiting for the younger, inexperienced buyer that has more money than common sense to amble by.

When I see a private seller listing a gun at a stupid high price, I often wonder if it's a situation where the wife is telling him he has too many guns and must sell something, so he prices it where nobody will buy it. Hey, ya do whatcha gotta do, right?
Old 09-03-2021, 08:43 PM
sigp226

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbine View Post
When I see a private seller listing a gun at a stupid high price, I often wonder if it's a situation where the wife is telling him he has too many guns and must sell something, so he prices it where nobody will buy it. Hey, ya do whatcha gotta do, right?
No worry Honey I will sell one or two !!

In canada I saw one or two for sale lately and they were in 8-900$ CAD range and both were in 22LR.

they are well made with nice looking wood, impressive bolt size, but trigger s.... even with spring kit and would certainly not pay more than 800$ for one. I would rater go with anschutz.
Old 09-04-2021, 04:16 AM
BWstickman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
So I’m gonna list my 1979 Marlin 39a on gun broker for a buy it now price of $350 bucks huh... So somebody can come on here and brag about how they “stole” that gun lol
Old 09-04-2021, 08:41 AM
webfoot56

TPC Rating: 
100% (99)
i have always liked the looks of the A bolt and once owned one too. It was a inaccurate gun and down the road it went. I think the finish they put on the stocks scratches way too easily and shows any use at all. Not a very durable rifle for use. For the money they are getting for them you would be better served with an ANSCHUTZ.
Old 09-04-2021, 04:26 PM
BobCole

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbine View Post
When I see a private seller listing a gun at a stupid high price, I often wonder if it's a situation where the wife is telling him he has too many guns and must sell something,

My wife did that repeatedly. We're divorced now & I've quadrupled my collection since then.
Old 09-05-2021, 12:13 AM
carbine

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCole View Post
My wife did that repeatedly. We're divorced now & I've quadrupled my collection since then.
Same deal here!
Old 09-22-2021, 10:44 AM
SillyMike
US Army Veteran Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Seems like the price of just about any "nice" older rifles are getting out of hand.
- Than again, recently reading a book about hyper-inflation, the consensus is that you are better to have $ tied up in items/properties that numbers in a bank account.

On a side note, 22lr A-Bolt magazines are getting pretty rare. How's the situation with the 22mag magazines?
Old 09-25-2021, 09:53 PM
BobCole

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyMike View Post
On a side note, 22lr A-Bolt magazines are getting pretty rare. How's the situation with the 22mag magazines?

No clue currently. I bought an extra one when I got my rifle. I think I got it off of ebay? Could've been GB?
Old 10-02-2021, 10:50 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mine is in the back of the safe! (22lr) I have extra magazines too. I'm planning on getting it out along with any rimfire with a telescope for an accuracy compression shoot. I just need to find some time.
Old 10-02-2021, 10:51 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Blasted auto correct.... That's accuracy test!
Old 10-02-2021, 11:33 AM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Browning has a following and it goes well beyond raw performance. My Auto-5 does not do anything a Rem1100 will not do. And those are both good guns. Or they were. Obviously a lot of people have a different preference. I figure that is one reason each maker has its own forum.

Anyway, I would be hard press to find any Browning long arm, mint condition for under $1k. Scope has to be a seperate consideration. I doubt they sold many 22mag. I did not find any under completed. It is obviously less than the one that did not sell, or that would have sold. So, more than 1k and less than 2k.