Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-17-2021, 04:48 PM
nodak
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
B-Mag is gophering soon

The gophers in my area are getting wise to me so I cleaned up my 17hm2 and will be using the 17wsm for a bit. It's had all the custom stuff done and she suppresses real nice. Those long shots will not be a question anymore. I'll report in after the deed is done.
Old 08-18-2021, 03:17 AM
Old Hickory

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodak View Post
The gophers in my area are getting wise to me so I cleaned up my 17hm2 and will be using the 17wsm for a bit. It's had all the custom stuff done and she suppresses real nice. Those long shots will not be a question anymore. I'll report in after the deed is done.
Looking forward to your report, nodak!
Old 08-18-2021, 07:39 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
Took mine to my Gunsmith yesterday to be threaded, another wait begins....give 'em heck.
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2021, 01:07 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Took mine to my Gunsmith yesterday to be threaded, another wait begins....give 'em heck.
Suppressing these things just adds to the fun factor. I'm not sure if I've ever fired a single round through mine when it didn't have a can screwed on the end.

There's no way around the sonic crack downrange but it's pretty minimal and the muzzle blast gets reduced to about that of a pellet gun.
Old 08-19-2021, 11:14 AM
pipestone
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Gophers are about gone around here for the year..drought around here

Have fun with the rifle, sounds like a nice rig

pipestone
Old 08-24-2021, 10:48 AM
nodak
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
Finally had weather good to hunt last night, although windy. Took about 50. One was at 200yrd, 15mph full value wind. Gave 3 dogs for wind and tipped it over on 2nd shot.

On a side note, this b-mag is a gun I love and hate at the same time. Shoots straight and hits hard. Cock on close sucks, being able to close bolt when not in battery sucks so bad. Stupid mags latch tight when they want. I wish there was another option for less than $750. Ruger would be OK but after I restock it and replace the trigger it gets pricey.
Old 08-24-2021, 12:25 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (57)
I agree. Love and hate. But it shoots so well I overlook its faults.
Old 08-26-2021, 03:42 AM
Old Hickory

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alum572 View Post
I agree. Love and hate. But it shoots so well I overlook its faults.
Yeah on that! Like many of us with BMAGs, problems often surface early or already there when the rifle is new. Not completely satisfied, I took my rifle problems to task and fixed in time for opening season Sept.4.

Having two gunsmith pals running a gun store has helped greatly, as well as they have been carrying a good supply of ammo for the WSM.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:13 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hickory View Post
Having two gunsmith pals running a gun store has helped greatly, as well as they have been carrying a good supply of ammo for the WSM.
Braggart!

Old 08-26-2021, 05:30 PM
Old Hickory

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Braggart!

Just luck, Al! Actually, one of them is named Al and he was my boss and is a good friend. He retired, was our Army Provost Marshal. Some years before he retired, he and another pal owned their own sporting goods store and I worked there part time.

At that time my custom knife shop was very busy, was working the regular 40 hour job, doing licensed PI work, and part time at the store. Money was good but something had to give so I gave up the PI work for a while.
Old 09-03-2021, 11:49 AM
nodak
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
Slapped over just shy of a hundred gophers last two days and even a problem badger the rancher has been trying to get. The 17wsm hit him in the neck and ended in his chest at a layered 178 yards. Complete knockout in seconds. Quick and humane.

Last edited by nodak; 09-03-2021 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-04-2021, 04:41 AM
Old Hickory

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice work, nodak!!
Old 09-04-2021, 10:33 AM
wonderdog1
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodak View Post
Slapped over just shy of a hundred gophers last two days and even a problem badger the rancher has been trying to get. The 17wsm hit him in the neck and ended in his chest at a layered 178 yards. Complete knockout in seconds. Quick and humane.
Well done sir, well done!

Thanks for that little extra tidbit on the badger. I figured the WSM would perform well on them, but always nice to hear from someone firsthand! Hopefully get the opportunity next year to see for myself!

Wonderdog1