Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:59 AM
hoverspd
US Air Force Veteran Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
What's Everyone's favorite rifle case

I'm getting a TD and it needs a good home. What does everyone think ...

Nick
Old 01-03-2018, 09:14 AM
lonestardiver

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
For the moment my TD stays in itís Ruger supplied case. Depending on your needs, the Cabelas extreme armor cases (similar to Pelican and SKD) in the tactical rifle size would allow for the TD and many accessories. Plano also has some nice hard cases in that class these days. As far as soft cases... I havenít really looked at those lately.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:26 AM
jam_ppp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I continue to use the case that came with it. I've been mindful of picking mods that are compatible with that "fit".
I've got a Magpul Backpacker stock and UTG Bugbuster scope and it still fits the case.

I think even if you go with a barrel mounted optic option, you'd just need to use the 1 larger sleeve to fit the barrel (with optic) vs the narrow one.

So, I don't leave it "clipped" together as it shows in the ads, I've seen others use something like "violin" cases to fit the whole Magpul Backpacker assembly when it's snapped together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2018, 12:04 PM
varmit hunter67
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I got this case off Ebay as I recall. Cheaper than the Ruger case, but the identical case for all intents and purposes. Ignore the barrel of my ATD sticking out. The picture was taken before I installed QD rings on my scope. The case has 2 pouches on the right inside. One for the scope and one for the barrel. External pockets are big enough for a couple boxes of ammo or other necessities. I use the carbon arrows cut off and plugged with corks for instant reload tubes. Pouch on the left is for the stock.

[IMG][/IMG]

Real good padding and an off-the-shoulder strap like some back packs. Plus a carry handle on the top end and a very robust double track zipper.

VH
Old 01-03-2018, 06:09 PM
bluzman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam_ppp View Post
I continue to use the case that came with it. I've been mindful of picking mods that are compatible with that "fit".
I've got a Magpul Backpacker stock and UTG Bugbuster scope and it still fits the case.
Mine is stock with a Bugbuster scope installed. It fits nicely in the Ruger supplied bag.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:25 PM
Knilc
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I use a Pelican 1700 when I go to to the range. I can fit my Mossberg 500 and the 10/22 TD in there.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:38 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
I bought a UTG 36" Alpha Battle Carrier Sling Pack from Optics Planet about a year ago. I think I paid around $60 for it. It has definitely become my favorite bag to bring to the range. I can fit my TD and another 10/22 (both with scopes) inside of it and they are very well protected. Also has 3 large pockets on the front that can hold handguns, mags, ammo, etc. The sling setup makes it fairly easy to carry even when it's fully loaded.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:23 PM
comfisherman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Send a message via AIM to comfisherman
Put mine in a backpacker stock. It fits in the folded scabbard of a gunrunner hydration pack perfectly flush. Looks like a camelback in grey but has a full size rifle in it.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:39 PM
TAM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What's Everyone's favorite rifle case

I still sport the stock bag and it actually serves me nicely. I did add a molle ammo case on the bottom, but everything fits like it was designed for it. I did black out the red ruger logo with an oil based black paint marker. My only complaint is that I wish it came with two straps instead of one. Anyone know where I can purchase an extra strap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2018, 11:07 PM
DInghram
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I thought that I paid way too much for a top of the line Boyt many years ago. It has turned out to be one of the best investments in shooting that i`ve ever made.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:31 AM
Tom E Gun

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pelican Air 1525 case

Lower layer:

Upper layer:

Last edited by Tom E Gun; 01-12-2018 at 01:33 AM.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:08 AM
Bullpup-one

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Tom E. 3 barrels and a suppressor, heavy, but impressive.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:04 PM
Tom E Gun

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullpup-one View Post
Tom E. 3 barrels and a suppressor, heavy, but impressive.
Well it's certainly heavier than most 10/22 TD setups, but my goal was to have a modular 10/22 rifle system, weight and portability were not my focus. I realize that is not the case for most people with a TD. Unfortunately I don't have a suppressor, the item on the bottom right of the upper tray is just a Magpul stock cheek riser insert. Suppressors are prohibited for civilians in Canada - although we don't have an SBR rule, so the charger barrel on a rifle is non-restricted.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:08 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM View Post
I still sport the stock bag and it actually serves me nicely. I did add a molle ammo case on the bottom, but everything fits like it was designed for it. I did black out the red ruger logo with an oil based black paint marker. My only complaint is that I wish it came with two straps instead of one. Anyone know where I can purchase an extra strap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can purchase an extra strap for the TD bag directly from Ruger.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:00 AM
rjferber
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I ordered one of these, but haven't got it yet - Copper Basin Takedown Firearm Backpack. I got it for my Magnum Research ML-1722 pistol with 10" carbon fiber barrel ( Charger like) which is 21" long and will have a scope mounted and bipod.

It is supposed to be correctly dimensioned pockets for popular takedown-style rifles and compact firearms such as Ruger 10/22 takedown and 22 Charger, kriss vector, AK & AR pistols - with installed optics and bipods.

http://www.copperbasingear.com/taked...m-backpack.php