Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2021, 09:57 PM
Rosscoe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Clark View Post
Yesterday while taking delivery of a trailer tire I also placed an order for 10 new rear tires for rolloff trucks.
Today I went get some wheels so we can have spares ready to go. Out of 5 only 3 were the correct size. I was in this ain't happening quick enough for me mode.
I also made a preliminary deal to buy takeoff wheels and tires. Some of those are retreads and we have some that can be retreaded.
I'm planning on buying 10 fronts and 50 rears of the takeoff wheel/tire combos so we have two sets of wheels and tire for every truck.
When the rainy season come rolloffs are hell on flats due to conditions in the dump.

Lowest cost for a new wheel & tire (not a steering tire) is 120 + 300 not including mounting. TBH I'm not sure if the valve stem is included or what they cost. No shipping included either. So maybe 500 total. I"m trying to get the combos for less than 200

The pandemic/storm is forcing us to take on doing our own tires. Looking at around 160 lbs for the wheel and tire plus the fun of dismounting and mounting. We are looking at a tire machine - another not cheap item. I joke that my job has gym membership included. Mandatory work outs.

Keep an eye on the date codes!
Old 10-22-2021, 10:17 PM
Mike Clark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosscoe View Post
Keep an eye on the date codes!
Correct - Tires I've seen so far are good. What we need to watch is not getting what was agreed on. IE switcheroo

We will personally do the inspection & load out on about 5 tons worth of round hard to move objects. We need to see what the have to move tire on location with the majority of them.

We really just wanted the wheels but the tires being good would be a nice bonus. I assumed the tires wouldn't be to great. So far they seem very good.
Old 10-22-2021, 10:24 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobblerk5 View Post
Gel?
You never used the Evapo Rust gel I presume?
Old 10-22-2021, 10:35 PM
Gobblerk5
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thought that's what you were talking bout...nah, never have...always just a long soaking bath.

This tub has been used several times before, so I dumped out 1gal and added a fresh new gallon. Might do another gallon refresh... we'll see

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2021, 11:07 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobblerk5 View Post
Thought that's what you were talking bout...nah, never have...always just a long soaking bath.
Boat trailer is a bit awkward for dunking thus my inquiry.

Knew it was coming; judge stopped the Wisconsin DNR's plan for wolf hunting this season. Aaaah-AahWooo!! Back to SSS cheesehead law.
Old 10-23-2021, 12:02 AM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Guy I talked to that restores old motorcycles uses this and highly recommended it.

https://www.sunnysidecorp.com/produc...=r&b=s&n=777G1

Last edited by Blackwolfe; 10-23-2021 at 01:45 AM.
Old 10-23-2021, 03:24 AM
eflyguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How does one lose a complete 10/22 trigger group?

Just tore my room apart looking for it. Pretty certain it would have been in the package for the BX I replaced it with, so it would be even harder to misplace.

HA!!!!

Found it. After sitting back down here for just a few minutes I remembered I had put it in a paper bag (in the plastic BX blister pack) along with the packages for the magazines, and sure enough that was sitting right there on another table.

Sheesh. Getting old sucks.

Last edited by eflyguy; 10-23-2021 at 03:31 AM.
Old 10-23-2021, 04:59 AM
e40
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Mornin',

Trying to get a lot done at the farm today seeing as all next week is going to be damp and wet. Need to make a stop to find some hardware for a combine repair. Dealing with a 40 year old combine is frustrating at times. Cobble it together to get through another season.

Have a good day!
Old 10-23-2021, 05:03 AM
eflyguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by e40 View Post
Mornin',

Trying to get a lot done at the farm today seeing as all next week is going to be damp and wet. Need to make a stop to find some hardware for a combine repair. Dealing with a 40 year old combine is frustrating at times. Cobble it together to get through another season.

Have a good day!
I'd asked earlier, apology if I missed your reply, but is the spike in natural gas price going to affect fertilizer over here?
Old 10-23-2021, 07:14 AM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good Morning RFC'rs, et al:

Another day of toil, followed by the DU banquet. It's going to be a long day.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 10-23-2021, 07:26 AM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 10-23-2021, 08:05 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflyguy View Post
How does one lose a complete 10/22 trigger group?
Found it.
Sheesh. Getting old sucks.
Oh it gets worse if ya make it that long.
Quote:
Mornin',

Have a good day!
Saw a brand spanking new $200K tractor, 8.7L turbo, twerbling down the blacktop @ full bore on Motorweek. So much for break-in. Guys in the cab were wobbling around quite a bit with a rig not really meant for what they were doing IMO, with stickers still stuck on all 8 tires.

33˚
Old 10-23-2021, 08:47 AM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
A chilly morning with water having a choice of all three phases of state.

Quote:
Mornin',

Have a good day!
Is there a decent aftermarket to supply parts for your combine? I've been to a few estate auctions at farms and saw some fairly well equipped machine shops. I suspect they did more than just fix their farm equipment, likely the neighbors also.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 10-23-2021, 08:51 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
youtube.com
In the 1979? incident with the gun that fired the fatal shot way back when in a Phoenix burb, it had been to the range earlier for live fire and hadn't been cleared properly, so the story went from the shooter's ex GF whom I dated for a couple mo. before heading back to MI for spring fishing. Detectives followed both of them, and even me for awhile, during 1980 until they presumably grew bored with the case and accepted it as accidental. whew!
Wish they'd've been watching when someone broke into my truck. The thieves carefully removed all my stereo components including undoing the screws in the doors where the subwoofers were mounted. All my remaining tapes were laid out on the bench seat and the best ones including Santana were gone. You're welcome ese!
Old 10-23-2021, 09:01 AM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
G'morning, Y'all. 70 here and 66 over at the club the other side of Ft. Worth. Will see mid 80's both places today w/southerly wind gusts to 25 over there. Should be a nice morning for worrying some trap targets. Sign up starts at 9:30. Will continue werkin' around here when I return. Got a lot done yesterday.
--

Hope the DU dinner is a good success for ya tonight, Don. I've not been to one in quite a while, but always found them fun.. and sometimes, rather expensive. But Hey(!).. its for the ducks, yano.
--

Watching w/interest to see whot unfolds w/the prop gun killing. If you follow the basic rules of gun safety, regardless of whatever they come up with, that could have prevented it.
Closed Thread