Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-21-2021, 11:33 PM
twobit

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fake Model 61 Shot Only On GI

Hi guys,

It has been a while since an altered gun has shown up for sale but here is one. This gun was previously sold on GunBroker out of Pinellas Park, Florida as a standard gun. Now it appears on Guns International with a Long Rifle Shot Only barrel and a hefty up charge. SN 105256 And there is ABSOLUTELY NO slide bar ware on the gun. When was the last time that happened?? Be careful out there. https://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...n_id=101762606

Michael
Old 10-22-2021, 04:03 PM
Renegade61

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobit View Post
Hi guys,

It has been a while since an altered gun has shown up for sale but here is one. This gun was previously sold on GunBroker out of Pinellas Park, Florida as a standard gun. Now it appears on Guns International with a Long Rifle Shot Only barrel and a hefty up charge. SN 105256 And there is ABSOLUTELY NO slide bar ware on the gun. When was the last time that happened?? Be careful out there. https://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...n_id=101762606

Michael
I think this seller has some negative history ...........
Also, the wear around the metal edge of the steel buttplate is NOT consistent with the corresponding wood.......... or so it appears to me.
Old 10-22-2021, 07:44 PM
ClarenceAnderson
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Factory markings on brl. look perfect in photos--where are they being reproduced?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2021, 09:55 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That seller is from Ohio. He snow birds to Florida in the winter. He does have plenty of negative feedback, and is well known in both states and in not a good way. Buyer beware.
Old 10-23-2021, 10:24 AM
VertFish

TPC Rating: 
100% (61)
Quote:
Hi guys,

Michael
VERY GOOD OF YOU TO POINT OUT THIS KIND OF INFORMATION. THANK YOU!
Old 10-23-2021, 12:27 PM
Oldengineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The real “wrong” here is the failure to identify the 61 as restored or customized. Arts Gun Shop proudly identifies his work as “full restoration.” Classic cars get restored all the time and bring big money. Maybe as a community of collectors we should ALL take the time to contact certain sellers and point out that they are misrepresenting their goods. To tolerate is to perpetuate!
Old 10-23-2021, 01:12 PM
ClarenceAnderson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldengineer View Post
Maybe as a community of collectors we should ALL take the time to contact certain sellers and point out that they are misrepresenting their goods. To tolerate is to perpetuate!
Are you assuming they're ignorant of the fraud? Might be true in some cases, but usually not. Those I know who have followed your suggestion have been told "that's only your opinion," or simply "mind your own business."
Old 10-23-2021, 02:06 PM
Oldengineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There is no question that “they” know what they are doing. They need to know we are going to bust them and do a lot more of what this thread is all about. It’s the collectors that are likely buyers of this type of fake upgrading. To do nothing but shake our heads in silence seems like a mistake. Not a perfect solution, but purposeful action.
Old 10-23-2021, 02:51 PM
twobit

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have notified the seller.

Michael
Old 10-23-2021, 07:50 PM
rayballz

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
I have notified the seller.

Michael
Curious to his response?
Old 10-23-2021, 08:05 PM
Oldengineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here’s an idea ——. Create a Sticky Blacklist of known “rascals.” Before springing for that big buck “key”, you check the list as a routine matter of business. The Counterfeit Cops!
Old 10-23-2021, 08:33 PM
twobit

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Here’s an idea ——. Create a Sticky Blacklist of known “rascals.” Before springing for that big buck “key”, you check the list as a routine matter of business. The Counterfeit Cops!
Go to the top listing in this forum at the top of the "Sticky" threads and I have created just that item.

Michael
Old 10-23-2021, 09:14 PM
ClarenceAnderson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayballz View Post
Curious to his response?
Only response that counts will be taking down his listing.
Old 10-27-2021, 06:09 PM
Oldengineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Model 61 with serial number 105256 has disappeared from Guns International. The right response. Being married to an attorney, I’m told that in most cases fraud is a felony. Felons don’t get to have guns.
Old 10-27-2021, 07:23 PM
ClarenceAnderson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
The right response. Being married to an attorney, I’m told that in most cases fraud is a felony.
It is, but I'd bet your private attorney would tell you that this kind of fraud would probably not, unlike a bad check for ex., be accepted for prosecution by the local DA--just too complicated. So the victim would have to file a civil case--very expensive.

I was once involved in a similar fraud, but luckily, after a couple of threatenting letters from my lawyer, the seller caved in & allowed me to return the subject gun...probably because he knew he could resell it elsewhere without the same hassle. But had he stood his ground, I couldn't have afforded to pay for a court fight, the cost of which would have exceeded the value of the gun.