Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-21-2021, 05:25 PM
superdave001
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
457 Barrel change

So, here's the situation. Bought my first CZ and, of course, it needs some love. I shoot suppressed with all of my rimfires and this rifle [Pro Varmint MTR] had a non-threaded barrel. I researched getting the CZ barrel threaded and hit a few roadblocks relative to shipping and turn around time. Decided to leave the factory barrel as is [unfired] and buy a LW barrel to get me running. My question to all the more experienced CZ folks is - is this a smart thing to do? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, guys!
Old 10-21-2021, 05:51 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Probably the best thing to do.
Old 10-21-2021, 06:17 PM
Tacoma
US Navy

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
You should be able to post your MTR barrel in the classifieds here and recoop much of your new barrels cost as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2021, 06:52 PM
superdave001

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks, Tacoma. That's what I was thinking. Any idea what a new factory barrel (20.5") may be worth? Don't know if I want to sell it just yet, but it certainly is a strong possibility. Also thinking about a different stock/chassis and may want to sell the CZ stock - it really is a NICE one. Not sure what that may be worth, either... Definitely welcoming all input and advice. Traded a Ruger RAR for the CZ and I have high hopes. The Ruger was a decent shooter, but it was an opportunity that I couldn't pass up.
Old 10-21-2021, 09:23 PM
iron85

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
Itís super easy to change. Bought a LW sporter 17hm2 for my second scout. More than pleased.

Iron
Old 10-22-2021, 12:18 AM
triumph406

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave001 View Post
Thanks, Tacoma. That's what I was thinking. Any idea what a new factory barrel (20.5") may be worth? Don't know if I want to sell it just yet, but it certainly is a strong possibility. Also thinking about a different stock/chassis and may want to sell the CZ stock - it really is a NICE one. Not sure what that may be worth, either... Definitely welcoming all input and advice. Traded a Ruger RAR for the CZ and I have high hopes. The Ruger was a decent shooter, but it was an opportunity that I couldn't pass up.
Hi SuperDave, If you sell the MTR barrell I would be very interested in buying it (Plan A). I think their $299 new from CZ.

Plan B would be to take the barrel to a gunsmith with a lathe, and get him to turn and thread the end of the barrel to accomodate the suppresor.