CZ 457??? What was CZ thinking??? - Page 6 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-09-2021, 08:59 PM
Lloyd S.
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)

I think I agree. I don't have a 457, but I do have a 452 FS that I bought some years ago, and I bought it because I liked its looks. It shoots good too. I also have a 452 UL that I bought for my iron sight gun, and 2 455's. They all shoot equally well except for the 455 Tacticool, which has a Lilja barrel, so of course it's the best shooter of the bunch. But the FS is still the prettiest.

Last edited by Lloyd S.; 10-09-2021 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-10-2021, 12:23 AM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Different designs, quite a bit mechanically. I like the mechanicals of the newer ones better myself, particularly the trigger mechanism. I have owned a couple of 452's in the past and the triggers, while workable to acceptable levels, need replacement to be brought to the level of Anschutz, Cooper or Kimber triggers. Triggers are critical for field accuracy. Threaded barrels I can take or leave on a rimfire, it isn't like you're turning loose the pressures and stresses of a centerfire cartridge. The cosmetics of the newer rifles are somewhat improved. Stock wood can still be hit or miss, with sometimes nice wood obscured behind murky finishes. I sincerely doubt there is much difference in accuracy, from decades old Brnos to todays 457's all have reputations for excellent accuracy. I see few of any of them around here.
Old 10-10-2021, 02:12 AM
PaPow

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I`ve never been one to spend huge amounts of money on 22 rimfires. This latest 457LUX i bought is the most money i`ve ever spent on a rimfire in all my 70+yrs. I like my 457LUX alot. Its very accurate. I REALLY like the 60 degree bolt and the safety is normal on the 457`s. The trigger on mine is outstanding. I`ve never had it this good with a 22 rimfire before since buying a 457. I was looking at a few 452`s in the past year, still haven't bought one. I dont feel a 452 will benefit me any better than what i already have. Actually, i`m in the hunt for a 22 mag barrel for my 457. Cant do that with a 452. And i`m not really fond of the safety on the 452`s either. Just not my thing i guess, i prefer the safety design on the 457`s. There are so many great guns to choose from out there today. Good and bad in ALL brands & models. If what you got works, for you, why would it matter what works for someone else if they have something different. And if people want to come into a forum and bash on a model, have at it. Personally, i like to hear/read what people like, or dont like, about a certain model, as long as its without a huge amount hate bashing, or just to start fights, i`m surely ok with agreements & disagreements.

Old 10-10-2021, 06:57 AM
541X
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gas_gunner View Post
It first has to look good to me.
Danny
Yep. I agree with this.
However, unlike the Browning Cynergy shotguns and a few other notable newer 'sleek' designs, I don't find the CZ457 objectionable at all. Certainly better than the Tikka T1x I just got rid of. Especially like the adjustable trigger and the wood on my American has lots of figure and nice checkering for an 'off the shelf' rifle (just like my CZ453 had).
Old 10-10-2021, 08:50 AM
gas_gunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
'Wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same'.
Yes, and it just goes to show you that one thing changed by a company is going to be viewed as great by some, but will piss off others .

Danny

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by gas_gunner; 10-10-2021 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:56 PM
r_thunder77
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Reston, VA. (for now) home home is yooperville, just no jobs there!
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My CZ 452 American Lefthand

I bought a 452 several years back just before they went away. It had a Very bad trigger, so I sent it back to CZ. It only took about 3.5 weeks and I had it back, and the trigger was great smooth as silk with clean break at an avg. of 3.5 lbs. But with all the farting around I was doing with it, I dinked the stock and it was not a very nice stock to start with and it seemed like the wood was pine. Very soft wood that seemed like you could look at it cross eyed and it would cause a dent. So I got a Boyds laminated hardwood stock and finished the fitting and I clear finished it. Then I went out and got about 25 different types of .22 LR some exp. match ammo some reg. ammo and started shooting them to see what one was the best in this gun. Turned out to be that a Winchester Super X 40gr power point was shooting 5 round groups at 50 yds. with a .347 inch group which was the best, even better then the expensive match rounds. So I would have to say I'm pretty happy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GEDC0025.jpg (330.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0024.jpg (302.5 KB, 25 views)
Old 10-11-2021, 01:18 PM
BobW.
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via ICQ to BobW.
Can someone here tell me what size allen wrench is used on the AREA 419 CZ 457 scope base to tighten the 4 Allen screws. I thought I had them all but nothing I've tried fits.?
Old 10-11-2021, 02:19 PM
Lloyd S.
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobW. View Post
Can someone here tell me what size allen wrench is used on the AREA 419 CZ 457 scope base to tighten the 4 Allen screws. I thought I had them all but nothing I've tried fits.?

Sorry I probably can't help with this question, since I know nothing about that particular scope base, but...(1) are you certain it's an Allen screw and not a torx? In the smallest sizes sometimes they're not easy to tell apart, and (2) have you tried both SAE and Metric Allen wrenches?
Old 10-11-2021, 03:41 PM
Hardhammer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It is a torx, just checked the one in my box, here what area say,

- come with the necessary 2.5mm wrench for torquing the clamp screws -
Old 10-12-2021, 12:15 PM
Kestrel4k

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MManning View Post
Interesting how people are basing their dislike of the 457 based on looks.
Which is odd, because people don't do that with other things.
Old 10-12-2021, 02:00 PM
Phish4one

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobW. View Post
Once again Area419 never used Allen head screws so they use T10 Torq screw head because they are a lot better.
Old 10-12-2021, 02:20 PM
dodj

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MManning View Post
I'm the opposite. Whatever it is, especially for tools like guns, it first has to function correctly for the purpose. Looks are way down the list.

Everyone has different priorities.
Kind of a mix for me. If it looks good, I'll take a look at it right away.
If it's not that pretty, I'll likely overlook it until I hear rave reviews about how good it is. Then I might start to look at it in a different light....eventually, if it really performs.....I might start to think it's a looker.

IMO, the 457 looks as good as my model one or two.
I only have three to compare, not like some of you CZ hoarders......
Old 10-12-2021, 10:17 PM
I6turbo

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel4k View Post
Old 10-12-2021, 10:41 PM
gas_gunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel4k View Post
Well......
I always do. Remember; "It is better to look good than to be good, but looking good and being good can be the same thing".

Danny

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2021, 11:11 PM
old 39

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If the appearance of rifles is of no importance then why do people go out of their way to find full stocked CZ rifles? The full stock doesn't add anything to the functioning of the rifle, it just looks good.

Remember what Finn Aagaard said about the Brno Model 1. "They were built like proper rifles and they look like proper rifles." And Aagaard was a very practical and no nonsense sort of fellow.