Suggestions on my CZ457@1 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-05-2021, 07:41 PM
chuck40219
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Suggestions on my [email protected]

CZ [email protected] 24" Barrel
Latest target: https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1230717
Post 3

For past targets, I have been shooting this gun in the RFC Rimfire Benchrest Factory/Unlimited Match.

Looking for suggestions on improving the accuracy of this rifle. I have a 3/4 brick of Wolf Match Target that shoots a little less than the above referenced target. I am all out of the SK+ and it did not impress me out of this gun. This gun is completely stock except adjusting the trigger down to 22 oz. I have until Oct 11 2021 to get it shooting as well as it can with the ammo I have on hand. The Wolf is the best I have available now. I do have various bulk ammos to use after the Wolf is gone. I have some (750) CCI MM 40gr solids. that shoot almost as well as the SK+ I have been using.

What or where should I start at? I have not checked the crown yet, I have looked at it but have not used the Q tip check yet. The stock to action screws are set at 20"lb. the barrel grub screws are at 30"lb.

I will be making a trip to the Lapua Test Center on the 13 of Oct, testing on the 14th. A few days after that I should have a case of Center X, but until then I will have to do with what I have.

chuck40219
Old 09-05-2021, 07:47 PM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Well...if you in enough to be going to the Lapua Test Center I would recommend trading it in on an Anschutz...a 54.
Old 09-05-2021, 07:56 PM
eggplant
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2021, 08:04 PM
chuck40219

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_AK View Post
Well...if you in enough to be going to the Lapua Test Center I would recommend trading it in on an Anschutz...a 54.
Well Mike I would imagine the guys that shoot the CZ/BRNO Scoped 25 Yard Rimfire Central Online Benchrest Match, might not like it much if I showed up with a Anschutz...a 54. I already have a gun that has gone up against Anschutz many times before and has not been bested yet by one. Of course I could see better then.

chuck40219
Old 09-05-2021, 09:41 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_AK View Post
I’ll be I’m Merango myself next Monday. I was there in April too. One doesn’t have to be in that far to want some good Ammo at a great price and free shipping.
Old 09-05-2021, 10:00 PM
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I have found that both of my MTR'S and my Varmint like Eley much better than Lapua. I have been shooting Eley Match and doing very well with it. I won in the Factory Class last month and my high target was 2350. JMHO. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited by mpolk; 09-05-2021 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:03 AM
chuck40219

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpolk View Post
I have found that both of my MTR'S and my Varmint like Eley much better than Lapua. I have been shooting Eley Match and doing very wemooll with it. I won in the Factory Class last month and my high target was 2350. JMHO. Your mileage may vary.
I have tried the Eley Match, Edge, and the Wolf Match Target, and the Center X, And SK+ has shot better than the Eley. The only exception to that was the Eley Edge did shoot better than the SK+ some of the time. In fact CCI MM shoot almost as well as SK+. With the Center X this gun shoots very well. But I have none left.

Chuck40219
Old 09-06-2021, 08:57 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tried with the barrel floated and then again shimmed with inner tube or the like?
Old 09-06-2021, 09:26 AM
chuck40219

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Tried with the barrel floated and then again shimmed with inner tube or the like?
The barrel is free floated from action forward, have not tried to shim it yet. I will be looking at the crown with a lope today along with the Q tip trick. Can do a comparison between no shim and shim on same range trip. Can`t go today, spending most of the day with family and range is closed on Tuesdays. Wensday I will try your shim ideal in several spots. If I recall 1 in. increments.

Chuck40219