64 action chassis options? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-02-2020, 08:30 AM
Ken_N

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
64 action chassis options?

I am a new owner of a 64 mpr and I am looking around for chassis options.

It looks like MDT does not produce a chassis for the 64 anymore.

It seems like McRees is the only option right now?

https://shop.mcreesprecision.net/G10...-COMP-AN64.htm

They are on sale and I am tempted to get one before they are gone also. With the 64 action being phased out by Anschutz I think the number of options will only go down for 64 owners.
Old 12-03-2020, 04:48 PM
huntingskeetman
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
I also have a MPR and recently looked into the McRees chassis but am having a hard time justifying the price. I have a Oryx (made by MDT) chassis on my Savage .308 and just recently my 10/22 build and am quite happy with them, but unfortunately they donít make them for the 64 Anschutz action. The Oryx is $399 MSRP vs the McRees sale price of $638, thatís a significant difference! If I knew it would make a night and day difference in the accuracy of my MPR Iíd get one in a heartbeat but doubt it would other than add that cool factor.
Old 12-05-2020, 06:51 AM
Ken_N

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well I ordered one from McRee, I should have it in a few weeks. With winter coming I hope I get a warm day to try it and see if there is any difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2020, 10:10 AM
Empe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
Well I ordered one from McRee, I should have it in a few weeks. With winter coming I hope I get a warm day to try it and see if there is any difference.
It's certainly not an inexpensive stock but looks like it's good quality. I wasn't aware that there were even stock options out there for the MPR .
I'd interested in how well it fits and what it looks like when fitted to the MPR.
Perhaps you give us some feedback once you have it & maybe a some pictures ?
Old 12-05-2020, 01:16 PM
Quick1
US Air Force Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Ken, you made a great choice, I had a CZ in a McRee and LOVED it. Great chassis, very well built and will serve you well. Also, great company to deal with!
Old 12-05-2020, 02:07 PM
huntingskeetman

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Ken, did you go with he folding stock model or fixed one. What about integral bipod option. Still tempted too.
Old 12-05-2020, 02:51 PM
Ken_N

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I went with the fixed stock, which drops the price a little to $598.

I didnít see any bipod option. They had a monopod option, kind of a flat extendable shelf on the bottom of the buttstock. I didnít go for that either. It looks like it can be added later.
Old 12-05-2020, 07:32 PM
PWNolan
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (26)
Let us know what you think of it Ken_N

I was never into the idea of mounting a barreled action into a chassis style stock but now that I'm trying to get into PRS style matches I can kind of see the appeal. I recently acquired 1416 AV. I only have a few hundred rounds through it so far but it seems like it's going to be a great shooter. I have to admit that the thought of using it for match shooting has crossed my mind. Problem is I wouldn't want to trash the wood stock. So a chassis would be a good solution.

I did search for chassis for the 64 and, like the OP, came up short. I hadn't heard of the McReese before now. I'm sure it's a quality set up but I think I'd probably only go with something similar to the KRG Bravo. The forend on the McReese looks like it might be too long for the 18" barrel on my rifle. They also don't show a picture (that I found) of the solid butt stock. If it doesn't have an adjustable comb that would be a deal breaker. The price is a deal breaker for me anyway. Plus I already have a T1x that I bought specifically for PRS style shooting. So I'm just kicking the tires at this point anyway.

Old 12-21-2020, 08:14 PM
huntingskeetman

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Ken, have you gotten your chassis yet, if so how do you like the fit of it to your 64 MPR action, photos ?
Old 12-22-2020, 05:38 AM
Ken_N

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have not received it yet. I can see it has shipped but it has been sitting in Memphis for 3 days now. UPS says it will be delivered by Thursday but we will see.

It may be a while before I get to try it at the range I go to, which is only open a few days a week in the winter. It would have to be a warm enough day when they are open.
Old 12-22-2020, 10:22 AM
huntingskeetman

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Thanks Ken. Did you order online or speak with them first. Iíve tried calling and canít get an answer. Iíd like to see what the fixed stock version looks like as there are no photos of it online.
Old 12-22-2020, 10:57 AM
Ken_N

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I did not speak with anyone before ordering, I just used the website to order.

I am assuming the fixed buttstock looks exactly the same as the folding one, just without the folding joint. Thatís my assumption, I may be wrong.

I will put photos up when I get it.
Old 12-22-2020, 11:12 AM
huntingskeetman

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Great thanks Ken
Old 12-22-2020, 11:48 AM
huntingskeetman

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Ken, I actually got through with Scott at McRees and asked him a few questions. In addition to letting me know how the fit is when you get your chassis, could you let me know how the clearance is for using a full length cleaning rod with the fixed stock. Scott told me the majority go with the folder for ease of cleaning and storage in a more compact bag. Thanks
Old 12-26-2020, 08:17 AM
huntingskeetman

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Hi Ken, did Santa deliver your chassis yet ?