Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-11-2020, 09:46 AM
glockdaddy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Send a message via AIM to glockdaddy
Looks like you got it dialed in!

That combination works, good job getting it tuned. I have a taller rear sight, the Williams FP-AG which uses the dovetail and sits up a bit. Thus I need the skyscraper front sight. I hope mind dials in like that......
Old 06-12-2020, 04:54 PM
CamP

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flangster View Post
The Williams FP-GR-TK and Lyman 17 AMI were just the ticket for mine. Will post some 50uard targets in a moment.

Edit: Here are some 50 yard targets off a bench (Caldwell Rock BR, Henry supported just in front of the receiver). I think these show that if I miss a steel plate at 50 yards, it is probably me and not the rifle or its sights.
If you want to take the next step in precision, get a Lee Shaver 17A insert card with assorted beads, posts and round apertures. His inserts are much better than those that come withe the Lyman 17A.

I have an 12" round steel plate set at 265 yards and with Lee Shavers small bead insert, it's a piece of cake.

Last edited by CamP; 06-12-2020 at 04:56 PM.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:28 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
We have two 24" frontiers with Williams gr tk sights. The AG version is taller with less elevation adjustment on the sight. I did not like the AG rear sight.

I have two front sight heights...one is 0.494" and I can't recall if the other is .404" or the taller one (0.586" maybe??) Both work fine and on our guns the fp gr tk sights have plenty of elevation to handle it. Whatever works for you, good luck.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:07 PM
CamP

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAndy View Post
We have two 24" frontiers with Williams gr tk sights. The AG version is taller with less elevation adjustment on the sight. I did not like the AG rear sight.

I have two front sight heights...one is 0.494" and I can't recall if the other is .404" or the taller one (0.586" maybe??) Both work fine and on our guns the fp gr tk sights have plenty of elevation to handle it. Whatever works for you, good luck.
The .404" sight works for guns with a front sight ramp. It's too low for guns with dove tailed barrels.

The .494" sight works best on the octagon barrel Frontiers with the Williams FP-GR-TK rear peep sight.

The .594" tall sight will work but will run out of elevation adjustment for long distance shooting. It will also cause some loss of cheek weld on the comb.