VOLQUARTSEN VS TANDEMKROSS EXTRACTORS - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:45 AM
2LayZ2
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test_Engineer View Post
Not misleading... incorrect.

Both are images are Volquartsen extractors. It's just the bottom image was modified.

The bevel VQ puts on the extractor is seen in the top image as black along the bottom leading edge, down to the point of the hook. It's not a great picture, but it's there.
The bevel does not extend anywhere near the hook. It is located where I mapped it on the graphic. The point (excuse the pun) of this exercise was to illustrate a striking difference between two otherwise similar extractors. Since they are basically similar in every other respect, I didn't feel a need to find a unique picture of a Tandemkross ejector. Close enuf fer govmint! Nothing "incorrect" about either illustration as they both serve to drive home my (here we go again) "point."
Old 04-02-2020, 09:51 AM
2LayZ2
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem58sport View Post
Volquartsen themselves are selling these direct as overstock on eBay for the $8.00 shipped price.

The vender vfcloseouts is Volquartsen from my experience.
Amen Bro'
Shipped from...

Volquartsen
24276 240th Street
Carroll IA 51401
Old 04-02-2020, 05:45 PM
Turtle1903

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Yes if you want one better get it now because volquartsen has discontinued them and for S&W Model 41
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2020, 05:46 PM
Turtle1903

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
I like volquartsen parts but I don’t understand why they discontinue parts because there is a market for them
Old 04-02-2020, 06:00 PM
Nolan

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle1903 View Post
I like volquartsen parts but I donít understand why they discontinue parts because there is a market for them
Because there is a lot of dimensional variation in Buck Mark frames, and slides. Because of the variations, a lot of the 'drop-in' parts for Buck Marks aren't drop-in and require some minor fitting and sometimes not so minor fitting.

Also the Buck Mark market is tiny compared to Ruger 10/22 and MK2,3, & 4 pistols or S&W 15-22 rifles, so a lot of companies skip the Buck Mark because the profit margin is so small, it's not worth the trouble.

Nolan
Old 04-08-2020, 12:07 AM
SMPGS2018

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I had Tandem Kross extractors in all three of my Buckmarks. One of them broke at about 50,000 rds. I emailed Tandem Kross and thought they'd just send me a new one. Nope. They wanted me to send them the broken one. I said to hell with it and installed one of my factory back ups. It's working fine.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:07 AM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMPGS2018 View Post
I had Tandem Kross extractors in all three of my Buckmarks. One of them broke at about 50,000 rds. I emailed Tandem Kross and thought they'd just send me a new one. Nope. They wanted me to send them the broken one. I said to hell with it and installed one of my factory back ups. It's working fine.

50k rounds through your gun and you expect them to replace it for free?