Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-25-2020, 03:30 PM
FACE-IT

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fedderson Nickel Receiver

I was wondering if there is anyone out there that is familiar with or owns one of the Fedderson Nickel Alloy 10/22 receivers. I just purchased one of their 10/22 16 1/4" tapered (non-bull) barrels and was wanting to get a new stronger receiver. All of their receivers are on sale now with $125.00 off on either the Aluminum, Bronze, or the Nickel versions. I thought about getting one of the stainless offerings but decided against it because of their much higher price when (now) compared to the sale offered by Fedderson. I am sure that if their receivers are as good as their barrels then it would be a good choice. I already have the Kidd Single Stage trigger and the Kidd Bolt and charging handle. It would be reassuring to get some opinions about the Fedderson (nickel or the bronze receivers). I have searched a lot but there doesn't seem to be that much out there on this item. This is my first post although I am not totally uninformed concerning the Ruger 10/22's. Thanks in advance for anyone's help.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:34 PM
zalfmon
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Welcome to RFC

Search is your friend...here's one of many

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...ight=fedderson
Old 02-25-2020, 06:35 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
I only have aluminium Feddersen receivers but the only difference between the 3 is the appearance. Buy whichever one you like the most. They're all more than strong enough for a .22. I love mine. They are well made. The Kidd bolts run very smooth in them. Other than the way they look most aftermarket receivers don't offer any advantage over next one as far as function.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2020, 08:04 PM
Sagittarius

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Don't have the Feddersen but have the Tactical Innovations Stainless Elite 22S receiver.
It's on sale right now for $375.00 on their site.

I had Joe Chacon use the Elite 22S for my custom build and consider it a work of art.
It more than surpassed my expectations, I love it.
But I'm a fan of the Feddersen receivers too and like them also.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:15 AM
Bigbearson
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've just read about the Fedderson nickel and bronze receivers and I think they are a great idea, particularly if one wants to hang a heavy barrel off the end. Both are really bronze alloys, the nickel version just has more nickel so that its color is silver. I think it is also a bit harder than the straight bronze. Bronze has a lower coefficient of friction than carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminum which is a benefit in a 10/22. It makes lubrication easier. The only downside is it is heavier, if that matters, and someone might not like the bronze or silver color. I'm trying to decide if I want to wait for about 2 years till they come out with a 22 mag version. I've gone back and forth several times via email with Brian at Fedderson and he has been very helpful and willing to answer questions. I like what I see!