Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:18 AM
dcmdon
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

One small point. The 10/22 has a firing pin stop that Ruger says makes it ok to dry fire. Dry firing is great practice. So do it.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:26 PM
deolexrex

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up

I have three bits of advice for ya... not that you asked.

1 - Tech-SIGHTS
2 - Tech-SIGHTS
3 - Tech-SIGHTS

http://www.tech-sights.com/ruger3.htm

From multiple experiences I can tell you they will add 50 to 75 points to your score! I've seen cases where they added more than 75 points!

I like TECH-Sights on my 10/22 better than a scope!

Here's a link to printable AQT targets - http://ironat500.blogspot.com/2007/07/aqt-target.html
Old 04-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Usagi
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolexrex View Post
I have three bits of advice for ya... not that you asked.

1 - Tech-SIGHTS
2 - Tech-SIGHTS
3 - Tech-SIGHTS

http://www.tech-sights.com/ruger3.htm

From multiple experiences I can tell you they will add 50 to 75 points to your score! I've seen cases where they added more than 75 points!

I like TECH-Sights on my 10/22 better than a scope!

Here's a link to printable AQT targets - http://ironat500.blogspot.com/2007/07/aqt-target.html
I'll second that.

My proof - this past weekend, I went shooting and blasted some AQT's.
Best I did with regular sights - 196.
Best with Tech sights - 236
ETA: Best with scope - 218
Old 06-03-2010, 02:00 AM
Owl

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks all. I meant to get back here sooner, but got tied up! I appreciate it, everyone.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:31 AM
WyoStillhunter
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hello,

I'm new here but an old hand on the Marlin Owners Forums. Awhile back I got the Appleseed itch and will attend my first shoot a week from Saturday in Douglas, WY. I am looking forward to learning alot.

I didn't feel I could afford to put an LTR together right now so I will be shooting what I already own. At the shoot I will be interested in the various LTRs and probably make one up later this summer. I am intrigued by the Marlin 925 but also know that the Ruger 10/22 is the Prom Queen of LTRs by most standards. We'll see.

My only .22 is an old Remington 513S (bolt action with 26" bbl). The Weaver K4 I had on it did not have the right eye relief for position shooting with a sling so I put an old K2.5 Post/crosshair on it, switched the sling swivels to 1 1/4", bought a couple 10-shot clips from Brownell's to go with my one-and-only 5-shot factory clip, and ordered a GI Web Sling which I hope will arrive today.

Meanwhile I downloaded some Appleseed targets, borrowed a web sling from the local 4H Youth Shooting program, and began to practice. In the last two weeks I have learned/relearned alot about shooting. I have access to a nice indoor range that goes to 25 yds. and an outdoor range. I can tell you that shooting outdoors, even in fairly nice weather, lowers my scores by about 10%. There may not be much wind drift at 25 yds. but there sure is plenty of body wobble in the offhand position with even a moderate breeze.

I know this is a Ruger forum but how about any comparisons between the 10/22 and a Marlin 795 as a base unit for putting together an LTR?

Last edited by WyoStillhunter; 06-03-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:49 AM
DavidABQ
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoStillhunter View Post
Hello,

I'm new here but an old hand on the Marlin Owners Forums. Awhile back I got the Appleseed itch and will attend my first shoot a week from Saturday in Douglas, WY. I am looking forward to learning alot.

I didn't feel I could afford to put an LTR together right now so I will be shooting what I already own. At the shoot I will be interested in the various LTRs and probably make one up later this summer. I am intrigued by the Marlin 925 but also know that the Ruger 10/22 is the Prom Queen of LTRs by most standards. We'll see.

My only .22 is an old Remington 513S (bolt action with 26" bbl). The Weaver K4 I had on it did not have the right eye relief for position shooting with a sling so I put an old K2.5 Post/crosshair on it, switched the sling swivels to 1 1/4", bought a couple 10-shot clips from Brownell's to go with my one-and-only 5-shot factory clip, and ordered a GI Web Sling which I hope will arrive today.

Meanwhile I downloaded some Appleseed targets, borrowed a web sling from the local 4H Youth Shooting program, and began to practice. In the last two weeks I have learned/relearned alot about shooting. I have access to a nice indoor range that goes to 25 yds. and an outdoor range. I can tell you that shooting outdoors, even in fairly nice weather, lowers my scores by about 10%. There may not be much wind drift at 25 yds. but there sure is plenty of body wobble in the offhand position with even a moderate breeze.

I know this is a Ruger forum but how about any comparisons between the 10/22 and a Marlin 925 as a base unit for putting together an LTR?
The Marlin 795 makes a very nice LTR!
Old 06-03-2010, 12:23 PM
nemohunter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
95% (77)
it really depends on your budget and gunwork abilitys. if you dont really work on guns then the marlin would be the way to but the mags dont drop free. if your handy the 10-22 makes an LTR without equal bit requires a bit more work to get there.