Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-27-2020, 07:41 AM
lasttombstone
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

Just for giggles, get your hands on a bore scope and look at the chamber. I'm not calling that your problem but it could be a participating factor. Most folks don't cycle an auto like the gun does itself and that is probably part of he problem. But you stated you had to push really hard on the handle to get the first round seated. That says, to me, that there is something else going on. If everything is lined up correctly and there are no restrictions in the chamber a round should just slide right in even if you eased the bolt forward.

Not promoting it, but I bought a $50 scope that someone here mentoned last year and was really surprised how I really wasn't cleaning the chambers of my .22s. That was money well spent to me. I also got to show friends how crappy their barrels were when they thought they were clean.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:53 AM
sandog
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Rifle chambers the first round easily if done manually through the ejection port, or through the tube if it's not full of cartridges.
Seems it will balk and take some force to chamber if the cartridge is coming out of a full mag tube.

Maybe the mag spring pressure is tipping the first round up too much and it is hitting the top of the chamber.

So I just won't try to chamber the first round out of a full mag tube.
Put a round in the chamber first, then fill up the mag tube.
Thanks Ferox and Buckweet.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:10 AM
Dead Eagle Eye
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Try loading the rounds in the gun (none in the chamber), put the tube in the stock, pull the bolt handle back and hold it there. Then take a tooth pick and try to feed the round into the chamber with the bolt held back. It should go in easily. Be safe of course.