Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:53 PM
fourbore
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle1903 View Post
I was shooting targets and it shoots 2 inches high at 50 feet with rear sight all the way down? What options is there to get it on target it international medalist
If you use a 6 oclock hold that maybe fine. But; if not fine, I would look for a taller front sight. Is that pinned in place? I think yes.

This guy has some parts:
https://www.commemorativearms.com/22caliberpage1.htm
Old 04-09-2020, 11:34 AM
Mark2506
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Turtle1903, Sorry I have not been on RFC for some time. It could be your picture angle, but it appears your front sight is more flat on top and not as high as the normal front sight on the Browning Arms Company (BAC) sights as came on my 1970, 1971 & 1974 models which were the three years of production of the BAC Medalist International. See image below for comparison as you may be better able to tell by looking at yours. There were three different size front sights on the standard production Medalist and I have found different variations on some of the later versions of the International with the 5 15/16" slab side barrel , matte finish, palm grip. So there are different size sights if you can find what you need. mark

Old 04-10-2020, 03:01 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2506 View Post
Turtle1903, Sorry I have not been on RFC for some time. It could be your picture angle, but it appears your front sight is more flat on top and not as high as the normal front sight on the Browning Arms Company (BAC) sights as came on my 1970, 1971 & 1974 models which were the three years of production of the BAC Medalist International. See image below for comparison as you may be better able to tell by looking at yours. There were three different size front sights on the standard production Medalist and I have found different variations on some of the later versions of the International with the 5 15/16" slab side barrel , matte finish, palm grip. So there are different size sights if you can find what you need. mark

I have a '69 International Medalist and a '74 Medalist that both have a .255" tall (above the rib) front sight, and a '71 IM with a .200" height. The '71 with the shorter sight may have had the sight surfaced down to shorten it because it has no finish on the top, and it just kind of looks like it could have been surfaced. It's the most accurate handgun I own, so I don't really care how it got that way.

The '71 model is in the middle in the photo below. You can see that the sight is shorter than the other two. Turtle1903's sight looks to me to be about the same height as this one.

Last edited by I6turbo; 04-10-2020 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-10-2020, 04:44 PM
Mark2506
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The shorter front sight pistol may be your most accurate, but for Turtle 1903 shooting 2" high at fifty yards a taller front sight might be his answer. Mark
Old 04-11-2020, 01:58 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2506 View Post
The shorter front sight pistol may be your most accurate, but for Turtle 1903 shooting 2" high at fifty yards a taller front sight might be his answer. Mark
Yes, per his post #28 I think he's already fashioned a taller front sight and has it sorted out now.

To be clear, all of mine shoot to POA, but the one that requires a shorter front sight happens to be my most accurate in the sense of shooting the best groups.
Old 04-12-2020, 08:31 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Yes I did get it fixed and I think someone surfaced it down for 6 o clock hold in stead of just using rear adjustable sight . And that thing is accurate it will shoot with my three 41 and way more reliable with any Ammo and I have shot a lot of different ones threw it . And it has a remarkable trigger on it too
Old 04-12-2020, 08:39 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Next gun I’m going to buy is a browning medalist in the case always have wanted one one of the best looking guns made imo