Scope & Rings Suggestions for KKJ .22LR - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-01-2020, 02:01 AM
iron85

TPC Rating: 
100% (40)

Two great looking rifles. Iím happy the rings worked out for you. I know the cross bolt was the earlier safety, they had a transition where some had both, and then the wing safety later but I cannot remember dates. Teddybearrat could tell you if he sees this thread. Very knowledgeable man when it comes to fine rifles.

Iron
Old 08-07-2020, 06:02 AM
Andyd
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
This is the classical German set-up from the late 1950s / early 1960s for the KKJ:

I have a complete Walther KKJ DST assembly for the .22 l.r. but have given the gun to my son and he likes it the way it is. I also gave an Anschutz 1420 with a vintage Kahles 4x32 steel scope that is from the correct time period. A large modern scope with a matte finish does not go well with the slim lines of the KKJ.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:18 AM
walterrego

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That's a beautiful rifle Andy and the look that I was going for with the installation of the Warne QD rings and an older gloss finish straight tube scope.

A couple of years ago one of the Walther factory scope mounts like this one showed up on ebay. I bid on it but it sold for more than I paid for my rifle. I think over $350 ? I have never seen another for sale.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Walther KKJ Scope Mount 1.jpg (62.8 KB, 23 views)
Old 08-07-2020, 11:21 AM
Andyd
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
The factory bridge mounts from Walther and Anschutz are very rare. The Anschutz 26mm rings for the 11mm rail originally sold for more money than an Anschutz Flobert action .22 sporter did. I collect the Anschutz bridge mounts, both with rings and for the Z-rail. German EAW or Recknagel mounts are not much cheaper.

It took me well over a decade and a small fortune.

Old 08-08-2020, 08:47 AM
walterrego

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That Walther factory mount is nice, but also looks like typical German over-engineering. That's quite a bit of steel to hang on top of a very slim & trim and lightweight rifle.
The Warne QD mounts weighed something like 3.8 oz. so weren't too bad when combined with my old Bushnell scope that weighed in at 7.5 oz. I considered the Burris aluminum rings but liked the Warne QD levers as they had a traditional look.