TD forearm mount is loose! - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-13-2020, 03:58 PM
Plainsman's Avatar
Plainsman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Sep 2002
Location: 
Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 
277
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
TD forearm mount is loose!



Log in to see fewer ads
I pulled mt TD out od the bag today at the range and found the barrel was wobbling. I thought maybe the forearm was loose, but no, the entire mount is loose!

I took the forearm (Magpul) off and the mount block is wobbly. Has anybody had this happen? Is it something common? Iíll take a closer look at it now that Im home again.

Hopefully, I just need to tighten something...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-13-2020, 04:17 PM
Plainsman's Avatar
Plainsman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Sep 2002
Location: 
Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 
277
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Luckily, that was easy!

The takedown handle just pops in and out of place as it is held in by a spring loaded pin. The takedown pin is pulled out along with its spring to expose the two mounting bolts. They are hex head and tightened easily. The forward bolt was extremely loose, while the rear bolt was loose by less than a turn.

If you have a loose forend mount, just be forewarned the hex sizes for the forearm and the mount itself are different.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-13-2020, 07:53 PM
Ca_Varminter's Avatar
Ca_Varminter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jul 2019
Location: 
California
Posts: 
9
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Next time you have here apart....
A drop of Blue Loctite on the screws will cure the problem of backing out!!
(Blue Loctite is low strength, ez disassmbly)

Good Luck
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 06-13-2020, 09:18 PM
crackedcornish's Avatar
crackedcornish
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Dec 2006
Location: 
Yuma
Posts: 
4,820
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainsman View Post
Luckily, that was easy!

The takedown handle just pops in and out of place as it is held in by a spring loaded pin. The takedown pin is pulled out along with its spring to expose the two mounting bolts. They are hex head and tightened easily. The forward bolt was extremely loose, while the rear bolt was loose by less than a turn.

If you have a loose forend mount, just be forewarned the hex sizes for the forearm and the mount itself are different.

Good luck!
are the mount screws the same size as the barrel band screw?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-14-2020, 10:35 PM
Plainsman's Avatar
Plainsman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Sep 2002
Location: 
Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 
277
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedcornish View Post
are the mount screws the same size as the barrel band screw?
The TD doesn't have a barrel band...
Are you referring to the forearm mounting bolt? If so, this is what I'm saying is a different size.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-14-2020, 10:49 PM
crackedcornish's Avatar
crackedcornish
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Dec 2006
Location: 
Yuma
Posts: 
4,820
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainsman View Post
The TD doesn't have a barrel band...
Are you referring to the forearm mounting bolt? If so, this is what I'm saying is a different size.
mine does
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-26-2020, 05:16 PM
Plainsman's Avatar
Plainsman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Sep 2002
Location: 
Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 
277
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mine has the Magpul X-22 Backpacker stock and forearm, so there is no barrel band.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x