Magnum Research Mountain Eagle pistol - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-24-2019, 10:57 PM
Big Shrek
US Army Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Magnum Research Mountain Eagle pistol

Managed to find one in relatively good condition, other than the front sight was broken...literally fell apart in pieces which I have in a ziplock...
there was also evidently a optic mount available at one time which is now, no longer stocked by Ramline...SMR 2240

May simply have to make a new front sight insert, or mod an existing one for something else...
but I kinda wanna mount a reflex sight which would fit on the tip-off scope mount,
if one can be located...

Kinda wish Ramline would at least stock their own stuff
the Magnum Research Mountain Eagle was also sold as the Ramline Exactor...
how sad is it that they gave up on a neat little pistol that works pretty darn well??
Old 03-27-2019, 02:42 PM
Bartlow

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The original Ramline that made those Exactor/Syntech guns is defunct. The brand name was sold to Blount around the time of the 1994 semi-auto and mag ban. Ramline was based in the western suburbs of Denver, first in Golden, then Wheat Ridge and later Grand Junction. They made extra capacity magazines for lots of guns, (especially the Ruger 10/22) in addition to that pistol. Their mags were based around using a unique spring design. Now many of the mags they made in Colorado are illegal there.

In any case those guns have been orphans for many many years. Blount makes nothing for them.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:19 AM
Baby Automag

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a few different models of the plastic thingys with a few different markings. I was going to list the locations and models in my log but never got around to it. I will dig through my pile later this week and list here also to compare.

Can anybody list the maker/model/locations of these?

I know this in my head:
Mountain Eagle These came in 6" and 8" barrels (8" are super rare)
Ram-Line Exactor
Ram-Line SynTech