Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2020 hunting pictures thread.

71K views 447 replies 95 participants last post by  huntsman22 
#1 ·
#237 ·
:harry:Yeah.... I know...don't seem like trophy's but what a nuisance they are:(

Taken with my 766 air rifle..~25yds.

:ices_angepipestone

#238 ·
I recently got around to joining this forum and stumbled on to this thread Friday night. I picked my way through since then and never knew squirrels were so popular for eating. Considering squirrel populations where I'm at is limited to in town, city's and in the mountains and it makes sense.
My pass time in the warmer months is ground dwelling animals with prairie dogs on the top on the list. I do all my hunting on family ranches in Wyoming which is real nice.
Tools of choice are: .22lr,.17HMR, 5.56, .243, 6.5 Grendal, 6.5 Creedmore, .308, 12ga, and 45acp which one depends on distance and wind. Prairie dog shots range from 5yds to 650yds.
Here's a few Sod Puppy's from this year...

Attachments

#239 ·
Jack Rabbits are also a pest.
Was at my Uncles ranch for New Years and my son and I walked around the wind break, corrals and stack yard with our .17HMR's which had lights mounted to the forend. In one night we killed 78 Jack Rabbits in 3hrs.

Attachments

#242 ·
My son, my pup, and I only managed to hit one Dove. It was our first ever Dove together. So it was a very special Dove. Especially, since we thought we were going to be shut out. We were surprised and frustrated by narrow shooting lanes and those very fast moving Doves.

Eika searched out and pointed the still live Dove deep into a corn field. She held point like a champ and after I rang its neck she carried it out. We then used the Dove to do some fetch training by throwing it deep into a heavy soy field. She didn't disappoint. All in all we learned a lot about hunting Dove and had a great special time together. Eika had the breast as a desert treat. Two days later, my son reported to Marine OCS on Saturday the 5th. Good fortune young man.

#244 ·
Radical, you have a pretty good dog the way it looks. It's really great seeing you getting her out on a lot of different game. My short hair is sitting on the couch watching me type this.

You have to be proud of your son, I hope for the best for him. Even though I poke at the other branches of the service I love them all and always feel a sense of pride in our young people for serving.

#245 ·
Thanks guys. Yes, I am very proud of him. He's an honourable and respectful young man, regardless of what his endeavours turn out to be. That's all I have ever expected of him. ... We'll and to be a better shotgun shot. But, that's on me. ;)

#246 ·
Not as many bunnies as usual for this time of year but I've had a couple of little goes.

Sniping position using Armscor hollow point subs which appear to pencil through things.

Ginger spring bunny.

Grumpy rock is not amused.

Giant arse crack with tree growing out also made a decent rimfire high-seat.

One of a few I shot last night. CCI subs actually rolled them proper.

The RPR is a weighty mo-fo with torch and bipod attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.