Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2020 hunting pictures thread.

71K views 447 replies 95 participants last post by  huntsman22 
#1 ·
#131 · (Edited)
This year's first Russian.
Remington M700 in .30-'06, 150gr Barnes TTSX over 56 grains of H414.
Stalked to under 50 yards in tall grass. She never saw me.
Apologies for my weird choice of clothing. I had left the house in the morning even before coffee just to retrieve some paperwork from work (I'm a Range Master) and we managed to cross paths. I'm lucky that I had just tossed my rifle and hunting pack into the truck on a whim.

i

#133 · (Edited)
Ipscxtc, Nice boar and really great stalk. My son and I really want to go on a boat hunt.

tfrank, it's a really neat dairy farm 250 acres. A joy to hunt and a great place to train my dog. She did really well with heal, whoa, stop, and come that day. We settled in to see if any groundhogs would take advantage of the new alfalfa, instead two Bucks popped out of the woodline not 25 yards from us. Lot's of stomps and snorts than off like a shot. Eika sat and watched than climbed onto my lap whinning and trembling. Silly dog.

#140 ·
Had a fun hunt this past week. Got to my spot at 7 am and this bird was gobbling for me at about 7:30 but didn't quite come into view and left after some back and forth with my calling, but he returned at 10:30. Seen this before so I was smart enough not to leave after things went quiet. After he left I circled through the 80 acre property to see if there were any other birds on the prowl (or chance upon an antler shed or agate) and eventually moved to a different spot about 100 yards away from where he first heard me. I had been softly clucking and purring every few minutes when I heard a footstep behind my spot. Luckily he had his head down as I snuck a glance at him just 25 paces away. Confirmed it had a beard and I got lucky again as he stepped behind a clump of trees to allow me to swing my gun 180 degrees and be ready as he re-appeared.

I was a little rushed getting ready the night before and forgot to stash a zip-tie in my bag for the site tag, so I had to improvise. Modern hunters require modern solutions.

Had bald eagles, trumpeter swans, and a sandhill crane fly over the property while I was there. I bumped into a couple of does bedded down on a sunny hillside and found some newer game trails. Shallow ponds were frozen over when I arrived and nearly thawed when I had left, and there were still some old deer tracks preserved in snow. It was a great morning to be in the woods.

#142 ·
The joys of hunting Minnesota! A couple weeks ago there was still a good amount of knee-height snow in the woods, lakes are still locked up in the Boundary Waters. It was a really nice day out and I was prepared to spent it all outside, so I was just fine with having to wait out that tom for a bit.

Congrats on getting your nephew on a bird, glad you guys were successful too.

#143 ·
This

groundhog had taken up residence under my friends barn. It had dug four holes at all the positions of the compass. It took over two hours of sitting and waiting for him to show his head. Bang! DRT He's the biggest chuck I've ever seen much less shoot. My guesstimate is close to 18 pounds. His tail had the hair worn off on the bottom side from in/out of the holes and huge teeth.

Winchester M70 Heavy Varmint in .222 spitting a 50 grain Vmax.

#158 ·
Thanks. Just used a slate call making some yelps. We are not that advanced at our call making... It's funny, some days it seems any noise will work other days they just don't respond at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah right!

BTW, really like your son's Boonie hat. :bthumb: Just ordered a water proof one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.