Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2020 hunting pictures thread.

71K views 447 replies 95 participants last post by  huntsman22 
#1 ·
#108 ·
The world would be a better place here w/o skunks and porkies IMO!!

Long story short my neighbor was out of town, his wife home, when a skunk got inside their collie's dog pen one nite. I had been out celebrating something or other at the bars, :rolleyes: when we got a distress call after midnite as soon as I went into the house. 'Al, would you please let the skunk out of the pen or something?'
Fortunately the skunk had used up all of its juice on the poor dog when it was my turn to play in the approx. 15x20' pen. The now threatened skunk was actually the aggressor and was chasing the poor dog round n round in the pen.
After I got the skunk out I went home where the wife had me strip down outside, leave the clothes in a garbage bag, and take a long shower. The whole episode was a real buzz kill...however I was that collie's best friend forever after. :D

#109 ·
About one year ago I finally acquired a bucket list rifle that I had long been seeking, a mint Savage model 99A in 250-3000. I messed around through the summer getting a scope mounted and handloading some ammunition for the upcoming Deer season. Have a bit of a connection with the Savage 99s as my Dad worked at the Utica plant before the war and then going into the Navy, I still have his old 99 30-30.

At 71 years of age it took me awhile to get this 99A 250 but as they say better late than never and I was lucky enough to take a buck with my new gun.

#111 ·
Started off the season with a marlin 880 sq. Thought I was upgrading to a Savage A17 Mach 2 (joke was on me). Then I actually upgraded to an Anschutz 1502 D HB in Mach 2.

Attachments

#113 · (Edited)
That 8mm Mauser is a great cartridge. Low recoil that hits hard. I had a sporterized k98 that I lent to friend. He killed his first deer with it using a rem 170gr sp. . He wanted that gun so badly after that, I gave it to him. We spent many years hunting Green County NY and he killed("mauserized") many deer with it.

#116 ·
Machine

I am not sure what that machine is but it conveys rice. This is where my cousin works. They buy rice that is to dirty for human consumption clean it and sell it to animal food producers. Flood waters pushed the feral pigs onto the property and they never went back after the water went down because of the abundant food supply. My cousin shoots a lot of them but at best it only trims them back a little

#121 ·
Finally got out for a crack with the shotty today. Braved a cloud of Wuhan viral miasma and busloads of Chinese agents buying up everything not nailed down and went to a nice spot not far from home.

Freshly wrapped lever. I am no good with knots and this gave me no end of pulsing forehead veins! :D

Myxamatosis virus had hit the bunnies and a few zombified ones were hobbling about. Guess everyone is getting a hammering from viruses just now... :(

Saw a wedgetail eagle take off with one dangling from its talons. :)

Air support! These are kites of some sort, a medium sized bird of prey.

Ginger. Note pellet marks on the rock. 34g Bushman 2's thru a modified choke worked well. :)

Had a few double rises.

Nice day to be out. Still pretty dry as you can see, but forgot about the stuff going on in the world for a while.

:)

This post has been deleted
#129 ·
Wow, I would love to...

Wow, I would love to walk that plowed field in the back ground looking for some flint points and other interesting things. An absolutely beautiful picture and it brings back very fond memories of having free rein of 800 acres or so of dairy farm back in the late 60's. Sad to say it is all sub-divisions now.:(
And so I don't get into trouble... Some current projects that I hope to be HUNTING with this upcoming squirrel season!!!:bthumb:

God Bless, Frank

#134 ·
Wow, I would love to walk that plowed field in the back ground looking for some flint points and other interesting things. An absolutely beautiful picture and it brings back very fond memories of having free rein of 800 acres or so of dairy farm back in the late 60's. Sad to say it is all sub-divisions now.:(
And so I don't get into trouble... Some current projects that I hope to be HUNTING with this upcoming squirrel season!!!:bthumb:

God Bless, Frank
AWESOME, Frank!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.