Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2020 hunting pictures thread.

71K views 447 replies 95 participants last post by  huntsman22 
#1 ·
#319 ·
Went grouse hunting in northern Minnesota recently, and as usual saw a few birds and got shots at a couple but it was just tree trimming at that point. Still fun. Got into some squirrels on our way out of the woods and being an opportunistic hunter with a Fox 16 ga. in hand I wasn't going to come home empty handed. Ended up getting my first dark squirrel plus a couple more normal grays.

Got a couple of big toothers this fall too. 38" pike in the Boundary Waters and a 42" tiger muskie from the Twin Cities area. The muskie is my first fish over 20 lbs. Both were caught from the shore using 12" suckers on quick-strike rigs under bobbers and released to get bigger.

#333 · (Edited)
Thanks! It was a metro lake, yes. I love the Fox and it is a joy to carry around and shoot.

:bthumb: Pretty one! They make great reproductions from pictures if you wanted one for the wall Ek.
I thought about a repro but those things get pretty spendy for a long fish! Might make a wood cutout thing, I bet I can get maple to look like a tiger pattern. We'll see.

I tagged a small doe last night. Mrs. EK is expecting and basically a couple weeks away from her due date so I wasn't in a position to pick and choose vs. tag out and get back home. I ended up seeing a surprising amount of activity in the evening as a heavy snow moved in, which was fun. Had a moment of wisdom where I passed on shooting one at 250 yards because I didn't like the shot placement and brush I knew she'd run into, even though I knew I could make the shot. I'm glad I did because a few minutes later I ended up taking this one at 25 yards and it was a clean broadside hit too.

I switched to Barnes style copper bullets this year and I'm glad I did- it expanded going through the ribcage and lungs but didn't fragment like the Sierra Gamekings sometimes do.

#328 ·
I've never hunted with a .22 revolver before. This one's a handy chunk of stainless steel and with the fiber optic sights even a seventy year old man with glasses can hit what he's aiming at...with practice...sometimes :D.

Nice! I've been enjoying my Single Six, also with the Fire Sights! They make it possible. Still, it is not easy. By the looks of your cylinder, Single Ten.

#338 ·
FUR & FEATHERS!

Three mornings of hunting. This past Saturday on squirrels. Monday and Tuesday on pheasant. Monday was a tough day, hunting some very tough terrain, but Tuesday was spectacular. Both hen (the limit) were taken Tuesday :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.