Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-23-2020, 10:46 PM
Alan Aronstein

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Model 103 Slant Grip Victor "X-Series" Convers

One of the local Target Shooters showed up at my office today with the Grip Part of a Sport King Model 103. "Can you make this into a Target Pistol"? I said that I could fit it with an "X-Series" Victor Slide, Barrel, and Vent Rib. The Barrel could be a 5 1/2" Victor or Trophy Type. I told him that I would try it first with one of the Re-Claimed Slant Grip frames that was recovered in the HS Plant. I think that I have a Model 104 that is drilled for the Sear Spring Adjustment screw. I will also use a trigger with the over travel stop screw. If this works out for a reasonable price, I plan to offer this as a Conversion Pkg that would include a Test Target. I am working with a custom grip maker at this time and, this will be another NEW Grip Set. Your comments would be appreciated.- Alan Aronstein
Old 06-24-2020, 04:24 PM
72coupe
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sound interesting. Keep us posted.
Old 06-25-2020, 01:36 AM
hamden
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have swapped different barrels onto a 103 SK frame. Barrels include Houston 10X, X-series, Lombardi, LSP, and Ct originals. Also use 3 different slides with different barrels.

Here it has the Houston 10X barrel and a Citation slide.
LSP barrel and original slide are above

The 10X combination or one with a Space barrel are my favorites.
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2020, 08:27 PM
Alan Aronstein

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Progress Report #1

Since I am suffering from Camp Perry withdrawal, I am going to write about my new "X-Series" Project. I found a Frame that can easily be re-manufactured. It is a Model 104 that was sold to Gordon Elliott as a Frame-Serial # SH 34018. It like most of the other recovered frames were cut by someone who was careful NOT to damage anything. Just make it two pieces with a VERY thin saw blade. I found the gauges for the TD Plunger Hole and the Rear Lug Centrality Gauge they will be perfect to align the parts for welding. The only issue that I have found so far is that the front edge of the 9/32" hole for the sear bar to attach to the trigger is going to block the pull pin (Maybe). I plan to open the hole to 5/16". I beleive that some of the SH models had that hole opened to 3/8". I am taking pictures and, I am sure that someone in the office can post them for me. I plan to do some fitting and assembly over the weekend. More to follow !!!- Alan Aronstein
Old 06-27-2020, 10:37 PM
Alan Aronstein

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Progress Report #2

The set up and welding of the first frame went as expected. It is straight and the barrel pads and the rails are parallel. I used a 9/32" end mill and re-cut the trigger hole back to it's original diameter. I knew that there had to be some differences in the measurements due to the small amount of metal that was gone between the two parts. There was !!!! 1) The trigger would not clear the TG and turn into position 2) The material in front of the trigger post had to be shortened enough to go into the slot in the frame 3) The trigger post hole had to be opened up like the hole on the "SH Series" pistols - this will allow free movement of the trigger post and pull pin that connects the trigger and the sear bar 4) the breech face of the barrel had to be shortened by .024" to allow the barrel to seat properly 5) the chamber had to be deepened by the same .024"- Serial # SH 34018 is AGAIN a Model 104 frame in the OFM Corp Gun Book. I hope to have the pictures of this process posted on Monday. The next two frames are another Model 104- Serial# SH 34024 and Sharpshooter M - Serial# SH 11212. I expect the same issues to occur with these frames. All of the parts will have to be fitted as none of these frames were ever completed into pistols. - Alan Aronstein
Old 06-30-2020, 09:39 AM
Alan Aronstein

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Slant Grip X-Series Development

These are the progress pictures so far.

Last edited by Alan Aronstein; 06-30-2020 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:11 AM
404tbang
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Aronstein View Post
[IMG_1304/https://www.rimfirecentral.com/images/insertpic.jpg/IMG_1304]
Alan, for whatever reason I cannot see the pic, and I reeeeeaally want to.

If you add a slant grip line I think it would do verrrry well.

Take care,

Greg
Old 06-30-2020, 12:15 PM
404tbang
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Aronstein View Post

Ok, now I see the pics.

Alan, a slant grip series would do well!

Take care,

Greg
Old 06-30-2020, 08:02 PM
Alan Aronstein

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Frame Clarification

I started by saying that this project was going to be a Model 103 "X-Series" Slant Grip Victor. I am planning to make a NEW Frame mold patterned after the Model 104 Frame. The frames that I am starting with(my Proto-Types) are Model 104 frames that were NEVER made into pistols at Hamden. They were in inventory when Gordon Elliott bought the High Standard assets. They have SH serial numbers. I do have a fairly large number of CRACKED Model 102 and 103 Frames. If the Russian Engineer is still in Houston that had a resistance bonding process( my verbadge for my understanding of what he does) for the frames, i might try to make some pistols out of those frames. The IAC- High Standard Slant Grip Magazines should be back from Heat Treat on Monday. We will test feeding with various types of ammunition at that time. More Pictures and info to follow.- Alan Aronstein