Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

GSG 1911-22

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  AzShooter 
#1 ·
Got one a while back. Starting to do some upgrades on it and have a grip bushing question.

I've read you can replace the bushings so you can use a heavier duty grip screw but I've found the frame threads are different on the GSG bushings.

Everything I've read says it's a direct swap but not with this one.

What have all of you done to change the grip screws and bushings?

#2 ·
I ordered a set of bushings from Taylor Tactical that replaces the original bushings so you can use regular 191 grip screws. I ordered some screws off Amazon. It's a very easy swap. This place has a lot of upgrade parts and ships quickly. He's into me for almost as much as the gun cost in parts now.

#4 ·
I did quite a bit of searching and apparently he is the only source for them. If you are interested in an extended mag release CW Industries has one and from extended searching I believe he is the only source. I received and installed mine Tuesday and it works like a charm. Don't waste time on a regular 1911 release as they do not work with the GSG. I also bought the mainspring pack from Taylor and installed the 16# spring to see if ignition would be reliable and it has been. It dropped the trigger pull from 8 pounds on my guage not releasing the trigger with the stock mainspring to 3 pounds, 10 ounces.

#7 ·
I've used both CWAccessories..com and Taylor for my upgrades. Both companies give excellent service and their prices are reasonable.

I also ordered some parts from Brownells. Extended trigger, mainspring housing and springs as well as an ambidextrous safety. All work well.

I ordered the extended base pads so that I could get 14 rounds per magazine. I did not have to replace the magazine springs.

I also like the way the metal magazine bumpers helped during fast reloads. The mags would just drop out of the gun with no effort. Also when they hit the ground they were more reliable compared to the plastic bumpers that come with the magazines.

The sights are from Dawson Precision and the rear sight has a Novak dovetail.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.