Need tips on bedding Ruger Synthetic stock - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:19 AM
practical_man
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Need tips on bedding Ruger Synthetic stock

Friends

I need tips on bedding a ruger synthetic stock on a 50th anniversary 10-22. The action is noticably loose in the stock. Would like to correct that.

Looking for tips from anyine who has successfully done it.

1. What epoxy sticks to the synthetic best?
I have Devcon and JB weld in the garage. Willing to use another product if it works.

2. Prep details that are different from wood? I plan to clean with acetone after a good roughing and selective scoring. Some undercut grooves to help with mechanical lock.

I havent had good luck with co sumer grade epoxy and delrin. Not sure of the best way to approach this project. Acraglas gel and Loctite 2 part epoxy dont bond well to poly.

Thanks for your help.

-john
Fort Knox, KY
Old 07-09-2017, 04:10 PM
rawhp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by practical_man View Post
Friends

I need tips on bedding a ruger synthetic stock on a 50th anniversary 10-22. The action is noticably loose in the stock. Would like to correct that.

Looking for tips from anyine who has successfully done it.

1. What epoxy sticks to the synthetic best?
I have Devcon and JB weld in the garage. Willing to use another product if it works.

2. Prep details that are different from wood? I plan to clean with acetone after a good roughing and selective scoring. Some undercut grooves to help with mechanical lock.

I havent had good luck with co sumer grade epoxy and delrin. Not sure of the best way to approach this project. Acraglas gel and Loctite 2 part epoxy dont bond well to poly.

Thanks for your help.

-john
Fort Knox, KY
JB Weld will work as long as you scruff up the stock (or use a small drill) enough for it to mechanically bond to it (Acraglass will work too). Otherwise you might try aluminum tape to see if you get decent enough results before going to the trouble.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=462480