Whittaker's has CZ in .17HM2 in stock!! - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:17 PM
454ho

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
Whittaker's has CZ in .17HM2 in stock!!

I own one as of about 9:00 am this morning Took me 5 or 6 tries to get through on the phone. Whittaker's took my order very quickly. I asked how many they had. He said they received around 110 rifles on Tuesday and immediately posted them on the front page of their website. They have sold about 20 of them already.

Price is $369.99 cash. They add 2% for credit card orders. Shipping is $25.

If you want one, keep calling!!
Old 05-31-2012, 05:52 PM
timberbeast
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (36)
And they are great shooters! Get one while you can. I predict the supply will last 2, maybe 3 weeks.

I got this one last year....

And it is a tackdriver!
Old 05-31-2012, 06:50 PM
454ho

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberbeast View Post
I predict the supply will last 2, maybe 3 weeks.
My understanding is the last batch they received in January was sold out in 11 days, and they had a larger quantity. That is how they talked CZ into taking another order... which is this current batch. They had already sold almost 20% in just over 2 days when I talked to them this morning... so they are moving quickly!

As far is I know, Whittaker Guns is the ONLY gun store in America that is still receiving new shipments of these rifles that are supposed to be discontinued. At least that is what they told me. Everyone else selling these new has old stock, and in my opinion they are price gouging by selling at upwards of $489.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:25 AM
Ledslnger

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
This is a great deal, wish I could get 5 of them!
Old 06-02-2012, 10:49 AM
fiddlefadel

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I have one and it is my favorite rifle. I never use my 22 452 any more.

Dave
Old 06-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Bowfisher

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I called them today to stake my claim on one...they said they had " plenty" left...not sure how many actual rifles, but I got mine!
Old 06-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Guy
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Hm2

Ordered one today. Few tries to get through, no problem.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:52 PM
reb henderson

TPC Rating: 
100% (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberbeast View Post
And they are great shooters! Get one while you can. I predict the supply will last 2, maybe 3 weeks.

I got this one last year....

And it is a tackdriver!
That is the way a good squirrel rifle is supposed to look. Congrats on a fine rifle.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Arkypoppa
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm in, now what about ammo?

I have got sucked in and got one ordered and shipped this morning. I have never owned an HM2. I know the ammo choices are kinda narrow. What choices do I have as far as ammo is concerned. Is there only basically one option? Thanks and I am excited regardless.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:48 AM
kseatm
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkypoppa View Post
I have got sucked in and got one ordered and shipped this morning. I have never owned an HM2. I know the ammo choices are kinda narrow. What choices do I have as far as ammo is concerned. Is there only basically one option? Thanks and I am excited regardless.
If I'm not mistaken, there are basically two manufacturers. Eley makes their ammo as well as the Remington HM2. Supposed to be about the same but with different packaging. CCI and Hornady do the same thing.

Tried all four brands and found Eley and Remington do better in my rifle than the CCI or Hornady. Your results may vary, so get a box of each to see. When you figure it out, get enough to last awhile. I don't shoot a lot of this ammo as I very rarely take it to a range. It's a terrific round for hunting and that's all I use mine for. I've went though almost three boxes in two years. Killed a lot of squirrels. But, you don't miss much with this combo.

Kenny
Old 06-05-2012, 06:57 AM
Arkypoppa
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Kenny, I will do exactly what to recommended. I bought a HM2 because so many RFC members say it is the best squirrel round. I looking forward to putting it to the test, so I better get some ammo ordered. Do you have a scope recommendation? I have a Leupold VXII 4 x 12 AO with a fine duplex I could put on it. Or what about something else?
Old 06-05-2012, 07:39 AM
kseatm
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
You will like the round. It's something else on squirrels, and it's not much louder than HV 22 rounds. Doesn't seem to scare the squirrels that much. But you can shoot them from further away too, so that helps.

As to scopes, what kind of cover are you hunting in? The fine reticle might get lost in thick cover or the early and late light. I'm partial to a duplex with something a little thicker as I'm out early and late. But, you can scope these rifles with more than you normally would. They shoot so flat you can use the higher mags for longer shots as long as you can get a steady rest.

I've got a Sightron 4x16 on mine. Probably too much scope, but I've used the higher powers once in awhile. Normally just stays on 4x though.

Good luck with yours. They really do shoot well and you'll like hunting with it. Maybe it's been just luck on my part, but haven't had any crawlers with this round yet. When they get hit, they seem to stay hit.

Kenny
Old 06-05-2012, 08:21 AM
SlimySquirrel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkypoppa View Post
Thanks Kenny, I will do exactly what to recommended. I bought a HM2 because so many RFC members say it is the best squirrel round. I looking forward to putting it to the test, so I better get some ammo ordered. Do you have a scope recommendation? I have a Leupold VXII 4 x 12 AO with a fine duplex I could put on it. Or what about something else?

Thats a fine scope for that rifle!

Probably the best match power wise for the Hm2... The CZ 452's are the "Nuts" man. I used to swear by Heavy barrels until I shot mine...and I was lucky to get it as I had a FS on lay away for 6 months but wished I had the Hm2 instead!

I walk in to make the final payment and it's still there winking and smiling at me so I asked if they minded me changing my mind!
Old 06-05-2012, 10:42 AM
TRG3

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Arkypoppa...This time last year I was where you are now...I didn't own a .17 Mach2 and was reluctant to make the move...but I did so and am VERY glad that I did. Over 60+ tree squirrels last summer/fall and nary a crawl-off, as sometimes happens with a .22. Like someone stated earlier, the squirrels don't seem to mind the louder report, even the gray squirrels don't bail out of the tree when the .17 goes off. (Actually, when shooting at game, I don't notice it being any louder than my .22) My first .17 Mach2 was a 452 varmint with a Brooks trigger, one of those that once the crosshairs settle on the squirrel's head you just start the trigger squeeze and it goes off, resulting in a slump squirrel headed earthward! By-the-way, take head shots only. If he's alookin' at ya, then just take the top of his head off and avoid the body. This cartridge is capable of that kind of accuracy. My second .17 Mach2 is a Ruger 10-22 converted over. My third as-yet-to-be-ordered, looks like a 452 American from Whittaker's. So...I'd better hit the "send" button and get on the horn before they are all gone. That little .17 Mach2 is an addictive round and will shoot one-hole for you at 25 yards. You'll love it!!
Old 06-05-2012, 04:45 PM
TRG3

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I did it!!

Following up on my last post, I did order the CZ 452 American .17 Mach2. It only took two attempts to get through via telephone and it should have been shipped out this afternoon, arriving in a couple of days. My wife, being the enabler that she is, followed my reasoning that used ones are going for more than the Whittaker price and the purchase of such rifle is as much an investment as it is for my use. Whew....it worked! Now all I have to do is wait......... (Actually, my wife has never thrown a hissy when I wanted another firearm since it comes out of "my funds", monies that come from sources other than what has traditionally been used for household living.)