What is going on? - Page 8 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-14-2007, 09:34 AM
Countryman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Just my two cents here. I simply LOVE the M2. It is the most accurate rimfire round in my experience. The ammo is quite cheap, much cheaper than any really good .22 ammo. I use Eley and bought it all for 3/box (dealer). Ballistically the 17 M2 is effective out to 125 yds which for my uses is perfect. If you zero it at 100 yds you can aim directly at the target from 15-125 yds. I recommend you take advantage of the fact that it is NOT very popular myself. This has brought the prices down on both the guns and the ammo immensely. Who cares what others think?? If you love the round just buy a whole bunch while you can. I bought 16 bricks (160) boxes lately myself. It cost me 480 (plus shipping) but hey I won't be running out anytime soon either. hehe See ya.

Countryman
Old 04-14-2007, 11:05 PM
John H C
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I agree with the above, from Countryman. I don't use my M2 enough, but when I do it is very pleasant and very accurate. For some reason when I pull out a rimfire out here in the Illinois cornfields I always pull out the .22 WMR in one of my Marlin WMRs--depending upon whether I am walking or just shooting off the porch (the walking gun is the 983 because it holds 13 rounds, the porch gun is the 925M because it is used for single shot (mostly) kills.
If noise was a factor, I WOULD only use the M2! When the .22 WMR goes off it is LOUD! Much louder than the 17 HMR.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:42 PM
acerman
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
FYI,
Midway has Eley .17M2 ammo on sale for $4.99 a box.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:59 PM
apachebrave
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hm2 AMMO COST

That to me is actually what is killing the nice accurate round. And we like ours. They marketed it wrong also. They should have brought it out before the .17HMR. I still can not believe the cost of the ammo. Way to high...
Old 04-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Blazer037
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apachebrave View Post
That to me is actually what is killing the nice accurate round. And we like ours. They marketed it wrong also. They should have brought it out before the .17HMR. I still can not believe the cost of the ammo. Way to high...
Cost less than Stingers, and there is no comparison for performance .

You can get it under $4.00 a box shipped if you look around. If I drive an hour I can get it for $3.75 - have bought it as low as $3.25.

I don't think we're ever going to have a little ballistic tipped bullet be the same price as a hunk of lead.