Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:03 AM
Flembo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)

Hi Douglassr,

I wouldn't jump to conclusions on how much you can get out of your rifle. The 22 BPCR movement seems to be growing, and these little low walls are getting hard to come by. I won't tell you what I've got in mine, but it's plenty. I'd suggest that you come up with a reasonable price & try selling it on the ASSRA or BPCR net forum. I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised. Personally I don't think $900.00 is out of the question.

I've been having a ball with mine, and am just getting ready to leave for the range. Me and some friends are going to do a little shooting out to 267 yards. It's unbelievable how well a little 22 rimfire can shoot out that far.

Good luck!

Art
Old 01-13-2008, 07:11 AM
Paul39
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ditto.

Douglas, see my PM. I was typing it as Art posted.

Paul
Old 03-11-2008, 07:33 AM
Douglas Rome

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
I know this isn't the proper place, but I've decided to sell my little 1885, I just have too many other irons in the fire. Thanks, Douglas

Old 03-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Rick H.

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Doug: I sold my 1885 on GB and got $900.00 for it. That's exactly what I had in the gun all total. I believe the buyer was as happy as I was, at least that's what he said. I sold mine for almost all the same reasons as you, but the biggest one was not having a true ejector on the rifle. I found I always had to break position to dig the case out of the action and it just messed me up more than I thought it would. Oh well, it was a fun rifle while I owned it and now someone else is enjoying it so all is good in life. Rick
Old 03-12-2008, 07:21 AM
Douglas Rome

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Friend Rick, tell about yours, mine is standard grade with Lee Shaver liner and trigger guard, that's what I got in it too $900. I kinda hate to sell it, it sure is a neat little rifle but I got a closet full of .22's, some never even shot by me at all. Sales on internet are tough for me because can't post pictures, no camera, don't know how etc. Thanks, Douglas
Old 03-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Rick H.

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Hi Douglas: Mine was a "standard" grade 1885 that I had Lee Shaver do a trigger job on. Mine did not need a barrel liner as it shot very well for me.I also put a Marbles Tang Sight on it along with a Lyman globe front sight. I put it on Gunbroker and within a fairly short time I sold it for $900.00. I included all the original sights, etc. and I had the original box for the gun. FYI, the Marbles sight I had for it was the interchangable stem model that had two stems. I just wasn't using the rifle much and found the non-ejecting empty shell system wasn't my cup of tea. I always ended up having to tilt the rifle one way or another to get the empty case out of the action and it was just kind of a hassle, so I decided to sell it. Rick
Old 03-18-2008, 06:38 AM
Douglas Rome

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Man, almost 4,000 hits and over 100 posts on this thread! Well, I sold it on ASSRA in one day and I have three serious back-ups. I put ads on ASSRA, BPCR and Benchrest.com, no pics and not even much description, I shoulda asked more money! As I was packing it up to ship, I kinda got a touch of seller's remorse, it sure is a nice little rifle, but so is the 900 dollars. I'm down to only three Winchesters now, a 52D, a 1906 and a model 12, pretty sure they're all keepers. Thanks, Douglas
Old 03-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Paul39
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice to hear that. I have two, and will probably be selling one of them later this year.

One is my shooter, Shaver liner, plain but nice wood.

The other is unfired, very nice figured wood for one of these, stock stripped and oil finished with grain filled.

Paul