Springfield 1922 magazine question? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:56 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Springfield 1922 magazine question?

Can anyone offer any advice...do/don't do...as far as disassembly of a 1922 magazine? Have soaked the M2 and M1 mags I have but am curious as to how involved/difficult taking one apart and re-assembly is. I have disassembled 50+ other brand mags but with the cost/scarcity of these I don't want to cause greater issues. Thanks a day ahead to all those men & women who served!!!!
Old 11-13-2018, 10:51 AM
MK111

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
May I ask why?
Old 11-13-2018, 11:56 PM
Artd
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I've never had a need to disassemble a mag, but it appears petty straight forward. The floor-plate is retained by the four detentes, so you would need to ply one side of the floor-plate to clear them. Then you slide the floor-plate off sideways. This releases the spring and follower. Note that the follower has a loading assist button that travels in a slot on the right side.

Art

Old 11-14-2018, 09:04 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
M2 magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK111 View Post
May I ask why?
I have disassembled and cleaned (thoroughly) many rimfire magazines in the past that were gritty/did not move as freely as they could. It may be that not all magazines from different manufacturers/different eras move/operate with the same ease. Maybe some more "soaking" in cleaner/lube will help.

Art, I am not sure I followed your instructions. I understand there are 4 holes in the bottom of the magazine but from looking at them I wonder how you pry the tabs to remove or put back together. Maybe best to be left alone. Thanks, Craig
Old 11-19-2018, 12:09 PM
Herschel
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The magazines were not designed to be disassembled. It has been done as I have one on which
the magazine floorplate was reinstalled upside. I suggest leaving it alone or dipping the whole magazine in some type of solvent.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:37 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Herschel, the more I thought about it the more concerned I became about damaging a magazine. Appreciate your advice. I have 2 that I have soaked in some Ed's Red I made up. They are cleaner, function smoother than before. IMO, best to leave alone. Thanks again, Happy Thanksgiving to all.