Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-01-2020, 12:52 PM
JohnKing57

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lyman 57 MS

Does anyone know where I might find a Lyman 57 MS sight? I have checked Gunbroker, Numrich, eBay, for the past couple of months, no joy! I know Havlin has a replacement sight, which I am sure would work fine, but, for the moment, I am set on finding a Lyman sight for my Mossberg 44 US. Thanks, John King
Old 09-01-2020, 02:28 PM
bone

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
There’s usually 2-3 on eBay at a time, But as you mentioned, I have not seen many in the last few months either. Also do a search under just Lyman sights, I have seen several in the past with no info in the listings.
Also welcome aboard
Old 09-01-2020, 03:23 PM
JohnKing57

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Iíll chek into it. Many thanks, John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2020, 07:46 PM
gunsisme
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Good luck on the 57MS and welcome to the forum
Old 09-02-2020, 08:30 AM
tickridger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Seems odd but it appears that all peep sights have become more scarce in the last year plus. Maybe more people collecting/hoarding these things now.

John
Old 09-03-2020, 07:58 AM
Bruce G.

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bone View Post
Also do a search under just Lyman sights, I have seen several in the past with no info in the listings.
Also welcome aboard
Might also try searching just for "peep" or "aperture" or "apature" and exclude known terms like Redfield, williams, front, scope.

Some folks don't even put the manufacturer name in their auctions and frequently don't spell things correctly.
Not sure how they ever sell anything with such meaningless descriptions but it happens

Makes it tough to put meaningful filters together to weed out the crap.

Collecting terms inside parentheses acts like "or" from a logic perspective. Having multiple sets of parenthesised terms acts like "and" so this

(receiver,peep,target,diopter,globe) (sight,site,sights,sites)

will find combinations of the words in both sets of parens.

If you add this

-(lee,williams,door,gundam,tubing,davis,meta,birchw ood,bow,blowgun,blowguns,laser,lazer,archery)

It excludes anything containing one of the listed words. The minus sign in front of the paren means "not" so this search

(receiver,peep,target,diopter,globe) (sight,site,sights,sites) -(lee,williams,door,gundam,tubing,davis,meta,birchw ood,bow,blowgun,blowguns,laser,lazer,archery)

will find anything containing words or combinations of words from the first two parens while excluding anything containing the words in the last set of parens
Old 09-03-2020, 08:33 AM
bone

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickridger View Post
Seems odd but it appears that all peep sights have become more scarce in the last year plus. Maybe more people collecting/hoarding these things now.

John
In the beginning of the pandemic, we were off work. I guess with everyone else home as well, I sold a lot of different sights, at least 20-30. Some would go as fast as I listed them, so I guess people were trying to complete projects. I pretty much exhausted my spare parts inventory.

Terry
Old 09-04-2020, 06:18 PM
JohnKing57

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good advice, one and all. Many thanks,
John.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:40 AM
tickridger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bone View Post
In the beginning of the pandemic, we were off work. I guess with everyone else home as well, I sold a lot of different sights, at least 20-30. Some would go as fast as I listed them, so I guess people were trying to complete projects. I pretty much exhausted my spare parts inventory.

Terry
Terry this trend seems to have started even before the pandemic and has only worsened. Strange since it is mostly us old geezers that like the peeps and most of us are approaching McGoo eyesight.

John my advice to you is do not give up. When you least expect it one will pop up.

John
Old 09-14-2020, 02:19 PM
PAndy

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I just sold one on eBay a few weeks ago. Just a matter of timing. The old steel sights are nice.
Old 09-14-2020, 02:20 PM
bone

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
There was a new in the box sight on eBay this morning. Havenít went back to look to see if it is still there
Old 09-16-2020, 12:16 PM
Griffith
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lyman57MS

There is on on ebay right now for $100.