Old 09-15-2020, 08:03 PM
Theo98
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBone View Post
Ted, it looks great! That blued bolt sure goes along very nicely with the other blued parts of the pistol, like they were made to go together! I should probably follow your lead and get myself one of those blued MK IV bolts also to run in my Scorpion clone...I think it'd look nice!
DB,

Yep, bet it would Look Great with that VQ upper!

More importantly, it looks like the SS bolt you have in the receiver is a tapered-ear 2-Piece bolt, just like my MkII 6" had! Decided not to send the bolt off (yet) to have it staked at SGW, but to store it away for safe keeping (future sale or inheritance to sons). Figured I'd use the blued MkIV bolt (shown in pic) as a shooting replacement!!

Ted
Old 09-16-2020, 11:47 AM
DrewBone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo98 View Post
DB,

Yep, bet it would Look Great with that VQ upper!

More importantly, it looks like the SS bolt you have in the receiver is a tapered-ear 2-Piece bolt, just like my MkII 6" had! Decided not to send the bolt off (yet) to have it staked at SGW, but to store it away for safe keeping (future sale or inheritance to sons). Figured I'd use the blued MkIV bolt (shown in pic) as a shooting replacement!!

Ted
Thanks Ted, I always appreciate your commentary! And yes, it's a tapered 2-piece bolt, but I have no intentions of using it for very long or sending it out; I don't see eye-to-eye with Dennis @SGW and I'm fully capable of performing the simple "drill and blind pin preventive measure" procedure myself.

I recently perused the usual avenues for these inexpensive MK IV bolts and it appears that I've missed the boat because I couldn't find any that were "inexpensive", especially the "all black" bolts, so I guess I'll either just buy once/cry once or keep my eyes peeled and hopefully some will resurface. Thanks again for the idea

Stay well
Old 09-17-2020, 12:50 PM
Heinleiner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mine showed today. I like the contrast.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200917_124238_1600364924128.jpg (556.2 KB, 4 views)