Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-15-2020, 10:01 PM
BigBadger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New Henry H001 ejection problem

Picked up my new Henry Classic 22 from Cabela's and went to a country range yesterday. After about 200 rounds of the famous "butter smooth" cycling, the lever became so stiff I couldn't exert enough force to eject from a shoulder aiming position -- had to lower it and really push hard. This started with Winchester SuperX 40 gr. plated hollow points (which are hard to close the pusher tube with), and continued with other ammo (CCI, Blazer, Rem. Golden Bullet).

But the next day it shot everything fine, with slick cycling, although the Winchester SuperX ammo was a little stiffer than other ammo. Maybe the rifle was too hot? I know overheating the barrel can change POI, but I've never heard of a lever rifle almost jamming from heat!
Old 09-16-2020, 09:57 AM
Stratplexi

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Seems very odd...did you clean it between range visits? Guessing here but perhaps there was some fouling build up on the bolt/action???
Old 09-18-2020, 10:58 AM
BigBadger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Still mysterious

Thanks for answer. This was brand new rifle and first time ever shooting it. It couldn't have become that dirty, and then functioned well the next day. I'm beginning to think maybe some kind of grit got into the action, then worked its way out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2020, 11:37 AM
Stratplexi

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadger View Post
Thanks for answer. This was brand new rifle and first time ever shooting it. It couldn't have become that dirty, and then functioned well the next day. I'm beginning to think maybe some kind of grit got into the action, then worked its way out.
Thatís what I was trying to articulate...some fouling got into the action. First time I have heard of this on a lever gun but I am certainly no expert and it seems logical.
Old 09-18-2020, 04:24 PM
jht22
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've had that happen to me a couple of times, and I bought mine used. In the 500+ rounds since I've had mine, I get a occasional round that's a schmuck for smooth running action. I just blame it on the round, and this is running with the same box. Give it a good clean & oil and see how it goes. Good Luck